Question Memory BSODs... now PC has no signal

May 6, 2021
Okay, so I built a pc around last year. Everything has been running fine up until a couple weeks ago. I would be playing games, then I would get a blue screen crash. I searched up the code and just reversed a windows update which helped it for about a week. Then it started booting up and blue screening right away. I booted up in safe mode and ran a memory diagnostic, and everything came back fine. After a couple weeks of dealing with these random BSODs, I decided to delete all my files and reinstall windows. This did not help. I was downloading some programs and such that I had before but then a screen popped up after a BSOD saying that "all settings were reset to default values. The previous overclock settings have failed, system has been restored to its default settings." So I clicked ALT+L so it can go back to the last known safe values. Then this screen popped up again on a new boot. I did not click anything this time and the pc shut off. Now I turn it on and no signal is sent to the monitor. Any ideas?

BSOD ERRORS: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (what failed: USBXHCI.SYS), SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY, CRITCAL_PROCESS_DIED, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (what failed: ndis.sys)

Specs: Intel Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor,
Corsair H100i v2 70.69 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler,
MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard,
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory,
Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive,
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Video Card,
Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you state reinstalling your OS, did you fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Once the OS was installed, did you manually install any and/or all relevant drivers for your platform, manually, in an elevated command? i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? By manually, yes I meant having all drivers downloaded and stored on a pen drive and used as soon as you finished installing the OS, disconnecting from the www can help prevent the OS from downloading drivers it thinks is right for your system(which often times isn't).

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Which two slots are you populating with your ram? Breadboard the system without the discrete GPU and see if you get any life from the system. If you do, swap your PSU for another unit, borrowed from a friend or neighbor and see if you can get life with the discrete GPU.

May 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you state reinstalling your OS, did you fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Once the OS was installed, did you manually install any and/or all relevant drivers for your platform, manually, in an elevated command? i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? By manually, yes I meant having all drivers downloaded and stored on a pen drive and used as soon as you finished installing the OS, disconnecting from the www can help prevent the OS from downloading drivers it thinks is right for your system(which often times isn't).

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Which two slots are you populating with your ram? Breadboard the system without the discrete GPU and see if you get any life from the system. If you do, swap your PSU for another unit, borrowed from a friend or neighbor and see if you can get life with the discrete GPU.
Hello and thank you! So I was in the process of downloading all my drivers via websites. I was not aware that I should have my drivers stored on a pen drive. Regarding my BIOS, I totally forgot about that! I am running on the original BIOS that came with the motherboard. Could the memory bsods be a result from not updating my bios? I am populating the correct slots for my two ram sticks, slots 2 and 4. I have tried swapping ram sticks 2 and 4 but still got no signal. To breadboard and try to get some life, can I disconnect my gpu, and try to boot with integrated graphics?