Memory card failure?

garbilis13

Honorable
Jul 28, 2014
Hello guys. I seem to have run into some problems with my memory card(possibly).

In short background: I use a KINGSTON SDHC card. Speed class: 10. UHS-I speed class: 1. Capacity: 16 GB

Usage: I use it for my car dash cam. I use it intensively both in hot and cold weather. Have used it for more than 3-4 years.

Problem description: My cam recognizes the card but barely gets 1 video file in and then says: "Card full". When I read the card. I find 1 normal video, 1 corrupted video file. And everything else is filled with "gibberish". Like &%#)F2r.%FF file, R%(*CA.J#@F file and so on. Not Chinese but pure gibberish.

So my question is. Is it a failure of my memory card and I simply need to replace it or it could also be that the dash camera it self is faulty?

P.s I am aware that low capacity cards are cheap and should be easily obtainable but I am strapped on cash so I will only purchase anything once I get other peoples opinion not on my own "expertise"

Solution
Two facts from your post: Used extensively (many rewrites), and "more than 3-4 years". Flash memory has finite number of rewrites.

Just replace it. If you can afford driving a car, you can afford $10.