Question Memory compression increasing until computer crashes

Mar 5, 2020
Hi i recently reinstalled windows on a new SSD and ever since i did, my computer has had this problem

The process "Memory compression" will steadily increas up to around 20-25 GB and then my computer crashes, both programs and windows.

SPECS:
Windows 10 64bit
CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 4 Core
Motherboard: STRIX Z270H gaming
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING 11G
RAM: Corsair vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz
PSU: RM750X V2 750W

Also i don't know much about computers so if i missed anything just ask and i will try to answer any questions.

Sorry for any misspellings

Please help me!

Mar 5, 2020
You say your memory usage is increasing....but what used to show up using it in Task Manager is no longer there? ....but it's still increasing?

I'm not sure of the problem....but I would use the PC just to see what happens. Will it crash? Will it continue to run fine?

So, in task manager there are processes but nothing there is taking alot of RAM

then if you go under Performance --> Open Resource Monitor, you can see alot more things. and before i disabled "Memory compression" i could see it there and it would increase over time.

Now ( after disableing "Memory compression") i can no longer see it in the resource monitor but RAM-usage is still increasing.

What happens or if you haven't yet tried to use Firefox just as a test and watch memory and see what happens?

First go into your Chrome and stop it from leaching your resources even when not running. You actually have to set it to not run while it's not running. Fun!

Open while on chrome your settings and uncheck all the stuff that bogs down your system.

Mar 5, 2020
What happens or if you haven't yet tried to use Firefox just as a test and watch memory and see what happens?

First go into your Chrome and stop it from leaching your resources even when not running. You actually have to set it to not run while it's not running. Fun!

Open while on chrome your settings and uncheck all the stuff that bogs down your system.

Chrome is not taking up any RAM Chrome is not the problem

TRENDING THREADS