Question Memory integrity can't be turned on

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
In Microsoft Defender, I get a message telling me memory integrity is turned off. I try to turn it on and it says I can't because of incompatible drivers. There are 2 of them, lvrs64.sys and lvuvc64.sys. According to google search, both have to do with a logitech webcam. But I have not had a webcam hooked up for a long time, reinstalled Windows at least once since I had one hooked up. Don't see anything in device manager telling me I need to update or install anything, don't see anything about webcam there either.

The only other things that I use that are logitech is a mouse and speakers. I am thinking a recent windows update might be causing this issue, only noticed this shortly after I did a windows update. Besides trying to go back to previous update, how can I get rid of these 2 drivers so I can turn memory integrity back on?

I did a search for both of them and they both show up in a folder called windows.old on the C drive.

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
So I have located the files, which are in a different folder than what that link said, tried to move the file and am not able to. When I try to move it, a prompt comes up saying I need to provide admin permission and I click on continue, then another prompt comes up saying I require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this file. Only options I have is try again or cancel. Selecting try again just keeps going back to same prompt. This happens for both files.

Actually found 4 files, 2 of each file. Both files are located in windows.old and windows folder. If I understand correctly, the windows.old folder is from when I upgraded from 10 to 11. I know that link says not to delete the files, only move them. But this is just for a webcam, I actually thought about trying to delete them from the windows.old folder. Although got a feeling I will run into the same roadblock as trying to move them.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
how long ago did you update to 11? The windows.old folder should disappear after 10 days or you can run disk cleanup and click cleanup system files, and one of the choices should be old windows installs.

that is safest way to remove it.

try the answer by DavM121 - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g-a-part/aeb13dcd-3848-465e-9a13-d27553df1773

could try to remove drivers using revo trial - https://www.revouninstaller.com/preview-log/?pid=7708&pname=Logitech+Webcam+Software

Its been a lot longer than 10 days ago since I updated to windows 11. I will try the disk cleanup and if that doesn't work, will try take a look at those links. Ty for the help so far.

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
how long ago did you update to 11? The windows.old folder should disappear after 10 days or you can run disk cleanup and click cleanup system files, and one of the choices should be old windows installs.

that is safest way to remove it.

try the answer by DavM121 - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g-a-part/aeb13dcd-3848-465e-9a13-d27553df1773

could try to remove drivers using revo trial - https://www.revouninstaller.com/preview-log/?pid=7708&pname=Logitech+Webcam+Software

So I did disk cleanup, it got rid of the windows.old folder. But still have those 2 files in the regular windows folder and still not allowing me to turn on memory integrity.

I did what DavM121 said and it does not show up in that program. What about doing what Karen 3 says? I was able to find the .inf files like Karen showed but I have not deleted them yet.

That link for revo uninstaller does not load for me. Even tried doing a google search for revo uninstaller and still doesn't load, says unable to connect.

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
Deleting the .inf files from device manager seemed to do the trick. Was able to turn on memory integrity. But don't understand how those 2 drivers got there in the first place. I know I reinstalled windows at least once since I had a webcam installed, maybe more and I always do a clean install and have not had any webcam of any type installed for a long long time.

For some reason, windows defender icon in the toolbar still has the yellow triangle but when I open it, nothing showing up that needs to be done.

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017