Question Memory management bsod and around 12000 errors on memtest86

Sep 8, 2019
Hi guys I really need your help , so recently I built a ryzen PC:

(MB : Asus tuf b450 pro gaming

Cpu: ryzen 5 2400g with Vega 11 igpu

Ram: Corsair Vengeance rgb pro 2x8 3000mhz CMW16GX4M2C3000C15

psu: Thermaltake 530w smart se 80+ bronze)

after installing Windows I was having bsods.after trying several things I figured that one of the ram was faulty and running memtest86 just confirmed that.so Windows is running perfectly with the first stick and I got 0 errors on memtest86 , on the other hand when running with the second stick I was getting random memory management bsod and got over 12000 errors on the first 3 test of memtest86 then the test just stops because there are too many errors.

The weird thing is when I tried the" faulty" ram stick on an Intel system it just worked perfectly no bsod and memtest86 reported 0 errors.

With that being said I'm totally lost and I really don't know what to do I hope u can help me to figure something out

PS: -latest bios version

-latest chipset driver

-latest graphics driver

-latest windows version

-tried the working stick on every slot of Mobo that should mean that the Mobo is fine

-tried uefi default settings and deactivating xmp profile running at 2133mhz

-the system is working fine with the working stick that should exclude the CPU too

- also weirder the "faulty" ram can work occasionally and rarely perfectly fine until I restart windows ... I call that a "lucky boot"

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

The answer is simple, return the RAM module.

Only acceptable number of errors on memtest is 0. And it's even more confirmed by the fact that your first stick got 0 errors. Return the RAM module, it will be covered by warranty.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
thanks for the quick reply, but is it normal that the "faulty" one got 0 errors on an intel system and what might cause those errors!
I may have slightly misunderstood, did you say you tried the memtest, then put it BACK into the Intel system and reran memtest and it was clean?

Did you also try the non-faulty RAM module in a different slot?
Have you confirmed it's the module and not the slot itself?

Sep 8, 2019
so yes i tried the non faulty ram module on every slot one by one and it worked perfectly so i guess the motherboard is fine.
and yes the memtest86 was clean on an intel based system with the "faulty ram" but on my ryzen system it reported errors

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
so yes i tried the non faulty ram module on every slot one by one and it worked perfectly so i guess the motherboard is fine.
and yes the memtest86 was clean on an intel based system with the "faulty ram" but on my ryzen system it reported errors
And i mean specifically you tried it again AFTER the initial memtest?
I ask because by all accounts something could have happened between PC transfers.

Presumably both modules are from the same pack?

Sep 8, 2019
yep ran the test before and after still the same...
and yep both modules are from the same pack 2x8 corsair vengeance rgb pro 3000 mhz cl 15 17 17 35

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Ah well in which case it is probably a bit of incompatibility. Sometimes this does happen, and usually it is not that the components are faulty per se, but the fine conditions of the system it is being placed in, means it can start misbehaving, and if it is only 1 module, it could be that the module is indeed faulty, it's just the one system is bringing that fault to the surface.

Have you reset CMOS completely before installing the RAM each time?

Sep 8, 2019
i made sure that the specific ram was on the QVL list but it is listed on the QVL list of 3rd gen rysen and i have second gen... could that be a a cause for the incompatibility.
no i hadn't reset CMOS instead i reset to default settings but i'll give it a try

Sep 8, 2019
thanks a lot for your help duude i really appreciate it , i've been struggling with this issue for about 3 weeks now and clearing cmos somehow fixed it, wondering if it's a permanent fix or it can resurface anytime soon either way so far so good .finger crossed. thanks again

Sep 8, 2019
Update : never mind... shut down the PC yesterday turn it back on today first boot was a bsod and memtest86 reported 12043 errors :-( it was working perfectly yesterday , ran memtest86 for 3hours 4 passes 0 errors and I was playing games all night