[SOLVED] MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD while playing games

Jan 15, 2022
I recently encountered blue screen problems with the error code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
the BSOD is only triggered when I play a video games (after about 1-3 hours)
I also noticed that after disabling the XMP PROFILE the BSODs became more frequent
-my system informations :

Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz with the ryzen 7 3700x cooler
ADATA XPG Z1 PC4 DDR4 RAM 8GB 2666MHz
Gigabyte A320M-S2H
SSD : WD green sata 2.5 256gb
aerocool 500w psu (certified 80bronze)
asus dual rx 580 4gb

-here are the minidumb files :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pn6j2kmvntiwvnq/010722-12812-01.zip/file

-and here are the WHOCRASHED analyze :

On Wed 12/01/2022 00:25:00 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011222-8890-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (FLTMGR+0x4673)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x3F, 0x1159D8, 0x1159D8, 0xC01583BD)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
product: Système d’exploitation Microsoft® Windows®
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Gestionnaire de filtres de système de fichiers Microsoft
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Wed 12/01/2022 00:25:00 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (FLTMGR!FltGetStreamHandleContext+0x80)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x3F, 0x1159D8, 0x1159D8, 0xC01583BD)
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Fri 07/01/2022 22:41:34 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010722-12812-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F72A0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x3F, 0xFBC80, 0xFBC80, 0xF5D719E4)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 07/01/2022 22:24:15 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010722-11406-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (FLTMGR+0x4673)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x3F, 0xFA255, 0xFA255, 0xC61D4271)

On Fri 07/01/2022 16:20:35 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010722-11484-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x3F, 0x1FB4E, 0x1FB4E, 0x1D4365F)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 07/01/2022 14:30:35 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010722-14875-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x3F, 0x1427C, 0xBF2A5848, 0xF72E6757)

Solution
i also noticed that the microsoft visual c++ 2015 /2017 / 2019 / 2022 does not want to install in my pc
i tried to uninstall it with the troobleshot program on safe mode and reinstall the latest version but i still can't
its probably not ideal.

WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for WdFilter.sys
that is part of windows defender. it shouldn't be causing BSOD.

MemCompression"
it is a common thing we see on almost every bosd, it may not mean anything exactly.
Gardenmans script just mentions afterburner if it finds it on PC

try running this on C drive, it has tests to check drive - https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en&p=279

the order of operations in all 5 errors are CPU looked on ram for info...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I also noticed that after disabling the XMP PROFILE the BSODs became more frequent
that seems odd

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

I will ask a friend to look at dumps, he will add a link I can use to read results. He might have an answer for you.

Reactions: Anass Nahed
Jan 15, 2022
that seems odd

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

I will ask a friend to look at dumps, he will add a link I can use to read results. He might have an answer for you.

thank u for the fast reply ^^
i did the memtest86 (i took about 2 hours to pass all the 4 steps) and 0 error was detected

Jan 15, 2022
What bios version are you on?
depending on version, you have to
install F32
Install F40
then install F54

bios updates might help.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

don't do it until my friend has replied, might be an another choice.
quick update :
i also noticed that the microsoft visual c++ 2015 /2017 / 2019 / 2022 does not want to install in my pc
i tried to uninstall it with the troobleshot program on safe mode and reinstall the latest version but i still can't

can it be the reason of the BSODs ?

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/108vet6y/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:011222-8890-01.dmp (Jan 11 2022 - 18:25:00)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for WdFilter.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 34 Min(s), and 05 Sec(s)

File information:010722-14875-01.dmp (Jan 7 2022 - 08:30:35)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: MemCompression)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 13 Hour(s), 44 Min(s), and 18 Sec(s)

File information:010722-12812-01.dmp (Jan 7 2022 - 16:41:34)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: MemCompression)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 16 Min(s), and 55 Sec(s)

File information:010722-11484-01.dmp (Jan 7 2022 - 10:20:35)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 49 Min(s), and 33 Sec(s)

File information:010722-11406-01.dmp (Jan 7 2022 - 16:24:15)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 07 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x
If you have Revision 1.0 of the motherboard, there is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using version F50 and the latest is F54. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: Anass Nahed

Colif

Win 11 Master
its probably not ideal.

WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for WdFilter.sys
that is part of windows defender. it shouldn't be causing BSOD.

MemCompression"
it is a common thing we see on almost every bosd, it may not mean anything exactly.
Gardenmans script just mentions afterburner if it finds it on PC

try running this on C drive, it has tests to check drive - https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en&p=279

the order of operations in all 5 errors are CPU looked on ram for info, couldn't find it, looked on C drive and after that step crashed.
Defender shouldn't be causing errors. Its possible cause is
Oct 01 2021 rt640x64.sys Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver https://www.realtek.com/en/
but they really aren't that old
Download Win10 Auto Installation Program (NDIS) from under windows header here - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software
but it doesn't feel like a LAN driver error.

Solution
Jan 15, 2022
i runned the c drive tester and the cpu health was about 97% and i installed both win10 auto installation program and realtek ethernet controller but i still get BSODs while playing