Question Memory Management

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 6, 2019
I just built a new PC and I'm getting this BSOD error but I don't know whether it's my RAM or Video card.
Here are my specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
ASRock X470 Master SI/AC (Something like that)
Corsair Vengance LPX 16 GB
Gigabyte Low Profile Silent Geforce GTX 1030 Ti

The operating system is installed on a solid state drive and everything else is on a hard drive.

I've done a few tests myself. I ran memory diagnostics and found nothing, then I ran CHKDSK and that turned up with nothing, then I reinstalled my graphics card driver and I'm not sure that did anything. Is there anything else I should try, or does anyone have a solution?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!

Edit: I was playing around with some programs that might be causing it and I found that the only time it does this is when I'm copying files, specifically linking files to iTunes. Anyone know why this is happening?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019
I know it doesn't. I looked over it when I first opened it. It's probably faulty. I'm going to return it and get a different cpu. Probably a ryzen 7. Thank you so much for your help!
Make sure you have no bent/missing pins on the CPU.
So I bought a ryzen 7, put it in, and it still doesn't work. What the heck?! This is so infuriating! If you have any more advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

Jul 6, 2019
Basic DDR4 memory. Should be okay at base 2133 speed. Have you tried booting with only one stick installed?
No but I'm pretty sure it's just not compatible. The box they came in says supports Intel i7 and Intel core. I'll try with one stick when I get home, but I'm almost positive it's because it's incompatible. Do you think so, and if so, is there a brand or model I should try?