Kayko

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Hi everyone, I am in hopes that someone here can help me.

Recently and without any warning, I started to get a Memory usage message pop up with Windows 7. I kinda blew it off cause I had so many things running when it came up with multiple runnings of Chrome up for some time.

I have 3 2gb Mushkin dimms in atm but for some reason, 1 is not working at all. I only can use 4gb of the 6 that I should have.

Memtest86 and AIDA64 both can read that I do have all 3 modules in but one just simply does not work. I have been able to identify which module is the one thats not being used and have confirmed that it is not the MB slots.

Is this just that the one module is bad? I don't understand why AIDA and Memtest will both see that the module is in the slot but not getting any readings off of it.

I do not remember exactly when I first encounter the low memory message but I did recently do a sweep of the registry but have no clue if that is related to the issue.

Mobo is a Asus P6T and the memory is Mushkin redline 3x2gb ddr3.

Edit: Adding a little more information here.
MY OC profile still works as long as I have all 3 modules in.. Removing the bad module would somehow result in the defult settings to load up in the BIOS.
I was able to get all memory to read for a short moment before I froze completly as well.. so its there... well in spirit its there I geuss.

Kayko

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
I was able to determine that it was one stick causing the issue. Unfortunatly, I can't test just that one stick since I can not even get into memtest (or even the bios for that matter) with just that one stick in.

I'm just so confused on why my O.C. profile still works just fine with all 3 sticks in, but won't post if I remove the bad stick. (edit, it is now posting and running the O.C. with the stick removed.. I don't understand what is going on with this thing)

It also did load the full 6gb for a moment before it froze 20 or so minutes ago.

I guess I will have to assume that the one module is bad and will need to get a new set. I geuss I'll try and condence posts and ask here. My Mobo says supports 2000mhz (o.c) so, what exactly does that meen? With my current O.C. profile, I have a pull down menu and selected the 2nd option which is around 1600mhz ( If I leave settings at defult, that is were 1333 is and my AIDA sees the memory as 1333 even though it is 1600mhz... if any of that makes sence) My third option is currently around 2000mhz, does that meen if I get new memory that has a base of 2000Mhz, it should work just fine at that new setting?

TRENDING THREADS