[SOLVED] Memory not showing on the initial start up of a new computer

Aug 15, 2020
Hard Drive issue:
My Son decided to build his first computer, When powering up the system He gets introduced to the open screen menu. When view on the different components setup every thing looks good except the hard drive is stating not present. We then realized the sata 1 cable was not connected, so we connected it thinking this would fix the problem. but when we powered the computer back on the message, "Reboot & select proper boot device or Insert boot media in selected boot device & press a key" not sure what this means? With selecting any key this message just repeats itself. I guest we need some help? We thought the new hard drive may not be formatted? We also tried using a external hard drive though a USB connection, & get the same message showing up on the screen as above?

Solution
Hard Drive issue:
My Son decided to build his first computer, When powering up the system He gets introduced to the open screen menu. When view on the different components setup every thing looks good except the hard drive is stating not present. We then realized the sata 1 cable was not connected, so we connected it thinking this would fix the problem. but when we powered the computer back on the message, "Reboot & select proper boot device or Insert boot media in selected boot device & press a key" not sure what this means? With selecting any key this message just repeats itself. I guest we need some help? We thought the new hard drive may not be formatted? We also tried using a external hard drive though a USB...
Hard Drive issue:
My Son decided to build his first computer, When powering up the system He gets introduced to the open screen menu. When view on the different components setup every thing looks good except the hard drive is stating not present. We then realized the sata 1 cable was not connected, so we connected it thinking this would fix the problem. but when we powered the computer back on the message, "Reboot & select proper boot device or Insert boot media in selected boot device & press a key" not sure what this means? With selecting any key this message just repeats itself. I guest we need some help? We thought the new hard drive may not be formatted? We also tried using a external hard drive though a USB connection, & get the same message showing up on the screen as above?
Well you need to install an operating system : windows 10 or Linux. Go here https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/
for a tutorial for win 10 installation

Solution