[SOLVED] Memory support list z390 aorus master

joshuablofield123

Commendable
May 29, 2018
pc specs:
-rtx 2080ti
-16gb ddr4 4266mhz g.skill tridentz ram (F4-4266C19D-16GTZR)
-z390 aorus master
-i9 9900k

My problem is that i want to know if i am able to run this ram at the advertised speed of 4266mhz and timings cl19 even it is not on the memory support list for this motherboard, i was able to get 3600mhz, but i wasnt able to use the xmp profile as its not supported i guess. Once i had the 3600mhz running the timings were pretty slow. so i decided to use my old ram which is on the support list this ram is 16gb 3000mhz cl16.

all ram was ran on dual channel as well. Just need to know if im able to get my 4266mhz ram to run on a non supported motherboard at full speed?

Solution
4266mhz is officially supported, but silicon lottery plays a part with the more extreme speeds.

Running the latest bios? They sometimes include memory compatibility fixes.

Already tried entering the frequency, primary timings, and voltage manually?

Have you tried running a little more voltage through the memory channels - instead of the 1.40v as rated by the XMP profile, try 1.45v?

If the above doesn't work, I'd chalk it up to your specific cpu not being capable of it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
4266mhz is officially supported, but silicon lottery plays a part with the more extreme speeds.

Have you tried running a little more voltage through the memory channels - instead of the 1.40v as rated by the XMP profile, try 1.45v?

If the above doesn't work, I'd chalk it up to your specific cpu not being capable of it.

Solution

joshuablofield123

Commendable
May 29, 2018

Okay so i managed to get the 4266mhz running to windows i did this by setting my cpu OC to default. But now every single game crashes to desktop like instant crashes.