Memory upgrade not recognized

I have an older PC circa 1996 -IBM clone originally I had 98SE but upgraded
to XP Pro - I upgraded the processor to a 233MMX and the original 32 MB RAM
with a 128 chip for a total of Approx 164 MB -on board RAM included ( at BIOS
startup system shows 164+ MB) system resources show only 32 MB. HOw do I get
XP Pro to recognize the extra RAM?
PLease send me an email to JBasarab11@Netzero.com with suggestion Thanks for
your help....

JBasarab wrote:
> I have an older PC circa 1996 -IBM clone originally I had 98SE but
> upgraded to XP Pro - I upgraded the processor to a 233MMX and the
> original 32 MB RAM with a 128 chip for a total of Approx 164 MB -on
> board RAM included ( at BIOS startup system shows 164+ MB) system
> resources show only 32 MB. HOw do I get XP Pro to recognize the extra
> RAM?
> PLease send me an email to with suggestion

It should do it automatically..

However, I have to ask - Why would you waste the money upgrading the
processor on that machine?
XP has to run like a dead turtle on it - no matter the amount of RAM.

--
<- Shenan ->

bar

I'm amazed that it even installed given that you are below the recommended
minima specifications.

Do yourself a favour and get a new 21st century PC.