Question Memory Usage at 99% When Idle and no programs running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epicthinker

Honorable
Mar 9, 2014
Hi I have recently begun to have a lot of memory problems, I suspect a leak but have no Idea where it is. It always goes the same way, after I boot up my computer i stays around 20-30% ram usage(which I belive is my standard with nothing running) and then after everything between instantly to 5-12 hours it spikes to 99% and stays there until I reboot or shut it down.

I have tried to fix it myself. At first i suspected windowns Antimalware Service Exe, since it used more than I was used to and kept being one of the more heavily ram usage programs when I didn't run anything. So I stopped it with the risks, but the PC still use 99% Ram. So I am completly lost. Do I have to buy another 16gb of Ram or is there a leak somewhere that is causing all this.

My specs:
YBQTztJ.png

Task Manager with 99% Ram usage:
sR2OsCx.jpg

Task manager after reboot:
DoD4UsC.png

Last edited:
I do see that "Ikke-vekslebart minne" is higher than what it should be normally. For comparison:
VdpzmYn.png

(this is with 17 hours of uptime)

Since this is the lowest hanging fruit, a common fix I've found is to update the network driver. But otherwise it could be some other driver that's leaking. This entry is reporting stuff that the system is using, but it won't put in the page file. Usually kernel level apps like drivers live here because well, you don't exactly want driver data to be put on the page file.

You could also verify how much RAM every process is taking up by going to the "Detaljer" tab, right clicking on the column header, select "Select Column" (or whatever it is in your language), and "Working set (memory)"

ph0Y74p.png

2uZOTWb.png

That's the value Task Manager uses to report memory usage in the Performance tab

Epicthinker

Honorable
Mar 9, 2014
I do see that "Ikke-vekslebart minne" is higher than what it should be normally. For comparison:
VdpzmYn.png

(this is with 17 hours of uptime)

Since this is the lowest hanging fruit, a common fix I've found is to update the network driver. But otherwise it could be some other driver that's leaking. This entry is reporting stuff that the system is using, but it won't put in the page file. Usually kernel level apps like drivers live here because well, you don't exactly want driver data to be put on the page file.

You could also verify how much RAM every process is taking up by going to the "Detaljer" tab, right clicking on the column header, select "Select Column" (or whatever it is in your language), and "Working set (memory)"

ph0Y74p.png

2uZOTWb.png

That's the value Task Manager uses to report memory usage in the Performance tab

Ok, thank you. Will try to update my internet driver and update this thread if there is a change

Status
Not open for further replies.