[SOLVED] MemTest86 - How to save results to HTML?

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
One of my memory modules was showing it had gone faulty

Two of the requirements from the manufacturer was to 1/ reset the BIOS. Done that after backing up the settings 2/ Test stick by stick with memTest86 and save results to HTML file

I am using the free version of said software, so I don't know if I can lump it as a log file and save as HTML, or does it even save the results of tests?

Solution
Ah - you guys are talking about the Passmark©® version. I can't talk for that particular one, I normally use the one that ships with most Linux distros.

Anyway, if I was you, I'd argued any photograph of the screen would do just fine as documentation. That is - if you can't find a way to save as html after test.

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
OK, thanks for the help........yeah I kind of get what you're saying, but I am trying to get a DRAM module RMA-ed, their tech support has asked me to save the report to HTML

I did test it again with MemTest, one stick at a time, this time when I inserted only the faulty memory stick, the system failed to boot up, so had to test it with two DRAM sticks

Memtest cannot save the result as a file.

When thinking - it kind of give sense. If you indeed have memory errors, there will be a chance for any file you save get corrupted.
RyzenNoob

I don't remember what it says, but at the end of the test you should be able save the results.

At the bottom of this page https://www.memtest86.com/tech_test-result.html
"The user may also save the results as an HTML test report to a file. The test report appearance is fully customizable in the pro and site license version. Here is an example of an HTML test report"

But how do I do one test until I can exit out of memtest86? Because it just goes on and on
When memtest86 starts it does preselected default testing for 4 passes, but depending on the CPU and how much ram you have installed, 8 GB can take around 2-5 hours and 16GB can take around 5-9 hours. If you are required to send a test results file to the manufacturer for the RMA process, you should run the full default test. At the end of the testing, you are given options for saving results to a file when following the onscreen post testing instructions.

Ah - you guys are talking about the Passmark©® version. I can't talk for that particular one, I normally use the one that ships with most Linux distros.

Anyway, if I was you, I'd argued any photograph of the screen would do just fine as documentation. That is - if you can't find a way to save as html after test.

Solution

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020

Yup, but the manufacturer tech support asked me to use Memtest86, not the + version

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020

They eventually said that a photograph would be sufficed

Reactions: Grobe