[SOLVED] MemTest86 showing RAM errors ?

noig

Distinguished
May 6, 2014
Hello Members
For a while I seem to have an unstable OS and at random irregularities, nothing major.
Remembering some years ago I did a memtest and so I tried with the free Passmark MemTest865. See here below.
Has anyone a suggestion other than replacing the RAM units(s)?
Thanks
Memory-Error.jpg

Solution
Please verify this is your motherboard here.
If so and if the RAM modules' part number is indeed CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 are actually in the RAM QVL list by the manufacturer(Asus) here page 22.

The correst slots for two sticks of RAM are slots A2 and B2. The lighter grey ones. Slots 2 and 4 counting from CPU socket. Like image below, taken from page 1-5 of manual here.

As said above, if they are in the correct slots any error in memtest86 would mean RAM is bad and should be replaced.

noig

Distinguished
May 6, 2014
Is the RAM installed in correct slots?
thanks @drivinfast247
The RAM has been installed approx two years ago, assuming I had installed according a manual.

any error count higher than 0 is too many on memtest
so if its not in wrong slots, ideal solution is rma ram and get new stick. I don't have any other ideas
thanks @Colif
As I said above, it's been there for at least a year. Is there a way of checking if in the right slots?

Is your Ram overclocked XMP/manual tuned?
Thanks @IBeats
No overclocking or tuning done
Not sure if the Speccy insert tells anything?

Speccy-RAM.jpg

Last edited:
thanks @drivinfast247
The RAM has been installed approx two years ago, assuming I had installed according a manual.

thanks @Colif
As I said above, it's been there for at least a year. Is there a way of checking if in the right slots?

Thanks @IBeats
No overclocking or tuning done
Not sure if the Speccy insert tells anything?

Speccy-RAM.jpg
Says slots 1&2 that could(more than likely) be incorrect. What motherboard?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
If so and if the RAM modules' part number is indeed CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 are actually in the RAM QVL list by the manufacturer(Asus) here page 22.

The correst slots for two sticks of RAM are slots A2 and B2. The lighter grey ones. Slots 2 and 4 counting from CPU socket. Like image below, taken from page 1-5 of manual here.

As said above, if they are in the correct slots any error in memtest86 would mean RAM is bad and should be replaced.

Reactions: drivinfast247
Solution

noig

Distinguished
May 6, 2014

Thanks @Satan-IR
Very detailed input of yours and very much appreciated!
Yes to all of your points above. So it does not leave many options for me😞
I did read on the Corsair website about Memtest and RAM faults. Also I mentioned above that I haven't changed anything from original settings by the supplier of this PC.
Would you have much hope on their suggestions?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Thanks @Satan-IR
Very detailed input of yours and very much appreciated!
Yes to all of your points above. So it does not leave many options for me😞
I did read on the Corsair website about Memtest and RAM faults. Also I mentioned above that I haven't changed anything from original settings by the supplier of this PC.
Would you have much hope on their suggestions?
No problem. If you mean the RMA process I think any error in memtest86 should be proof enough RAM is bad.