Messaging W98/WXP PCs

Can anybody recommend a utility similar/better than Winpopup and cheaper
than Lotus Notes that can be used to send messages around a W98/WXPPro
network? None of the PCs have email accounts but do have specified IP
addresses.
TIA
Mike H

There are many inexpensive substitutes for WinPopUp and Net send. I can't
recommend any, since I am seldom in an environment where the command line or
email/MSN Messenger won't work. Try Googling winpopup and you'll get quite
a few hits.

"Mike Hyndman" wrote:

> Can anybody recommend a utility similar/better than Winpopup and cheaper
> than Lotus Notes that can be used to send messages around a W98/WXPPro
> network? None of the PCs have email accounts but do have specified IP
> addresses.
> TIA
> Mike H

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:25:07 -0800, "Kathea Banshou"
<KatheaBanshou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>There are many inexpensive substitutes for WinPopUp and Net send. I can't
>recommend any, since I am seldom in an environment where the command line or
>email/MSN Messenger won't work. Try Googling winpopup and you'll get quite
>a few hits.
Many thanks
Mike H