Metro: Last Light Will Not Ship with Multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Skyrim already prove that being single player only can still sell pretty well. Too bad those scums like EA/Activision Blizzard still think bringing/converting single player game ex.Simcity/Diablo3 to always online/multiplayer can boost sales combat piracy.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Well at least it doesn't sound like their going to have half the game as day 1 DLC for $15 a piece so the real full game price is $100 plus. I am expecting EA to pull this crap though within the next year or two ($100 price point for game + all current DLC on games release not future DLC in the works)

G

how about a gpu that can run it 45+ fps @high settings and doesn't cost as much as the rest of my system?

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]looniam[/nom]how about a gpu that can run it 45+ fps @high settings and doesn't cost as much as the rest of my system?[/citation]
I think you'll have to ask nvidia/amd for that :p

Onikage

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Great News Indeed !! Single player is the way to go! even in our times.
but wait a second , didnt Cevat Yerli(Crytek) said that Crysis 3 will melt our PC's ??
Yeah well Yerli ,get in line, cause Metro LL will turn our PC's into dust first !
Hope my7970 GE will survive Metro LL

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Skyrim already prove that being single player only can still sell pretty well. Too bad those scums like EA/Activision Blizzard still think bringing/converting single player game ex.Simcity/Diablo3 to always online/multiplayer can boost sales combat piracy.[/citation]

EA has a guy who brags that he will never green light ANYTHING unless it has multiplayer in it.

[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]I think you'll have to ask nvidia/amd for that[/citation]

as its coded now? yea, ea and amd, im willing to bet they could fake alot of graphical effect, come out with a game that looks almost identical, but runs just fine on at max in even a mid range card.

[citation][nom]Onikage[/nom]Great News Indeed !! Single player is the way to go! even in our times.but wait a second , didnt Cevat Yerli(Crytek) said that Crysis 3 will melt our PC's ??Yeah well Yerli ,get in line, cause Metro LL will turn our PC's into dust first !Hope my7970 GE will survive Metro LL[/citation]

between metro and crysis... from what i can tell, they optimized the hell out of cry engine, from the pathetic crysis 1, to each game looking better and requiring the same if not less hardware at higher settings.

i think that crysis is going to be screwing around with water physics, and that runs like hell on every gpu/cpu right now. ill give the over all graphical nod to crysis 3 for this one, mostly because i have seen what their engine can do through tech demos and in game thech demos, where as metro... i dont see the in game tech demos for it.

---------------------

now, more to the article... didnt most people call the end of days when diablo 3 launched without pvp?
lets forget the game has little to offer even on a good day, but this was pre launch you had people saying its dead to them over no pvp...

why does this get a pass?
is the story that engaging? because from what i remember metro was, and is still known as a tech demo game, i never heard it being a good game on its own right.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Great news! Single player story lines have become far too shallow in recent times. I wish more developers would put more effort into immersive plots.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
I don't think it's necessary to add multiplayer mode to every game just because it's technically possible. The original title was good as it was, and this one will be as well. I'm still annoyed that I was forced to play boring multiplayer in ME3 just to increase my readiness points....until I found the hack online. :)

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
For this franchise, it's the right move. I could see a stand-alone MP mode or maybe even an MP mode in Metro2035. Don't just shoehorn it in there just because. . . take your time and figure out what strengths in your game would translate to MP and do it well.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]makaveli316[/nom]Was about time. There's a big group of people, most grown, who don't have time to spend playing multiplayer with whining kids.[/citation]

First time you play and aren't good as good as someone who played for a year = n00b. The next when you learned some from the first = Damn cheater using aimbot /wall haxxor - you suxx. What a funny bunch to play with!

Feels familiar when playing with kids? =)

[citation][nom]looniam[/nom]how about a gpu that can run it 45+ fps @high settings and doesn't cost as much as the rest of my system?[/citation]
My 7870 kept it over 45 with aa off and high. What are you complaining about?

Star72

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
That is good news indeed! A title like Metro doesn't need multiplayer. Although I will say co-op could be fun if it's done in a way such as Borderlands 1/2 do it, not necessary but adds to the fun & difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.