Michael Dell: We Need To Transform, And Do It Quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Dell used to make nice hardware. Now they just don't. Their top-end and Alien-ware gear ya but... Mainstream and business (where the $ is) no. We used to use em and dumped em. Just not reliable. That was their problem.

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
It's sad when a PC made in the late 90's/ early 00's refuses to die and when its replacement made in the middle/late 00's can barely make it to the 2-yr mark. I have a Dell Dual Xeon Server and XPS Gen 2 still going strong. The newer Dells have terrible power supplies and motherboards. They make eMachines look like a premium brand.

tleavit

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I've spend 2 million with Dell in the past 8 years. The laptops (business latitudes and Precisions) has a life expectancy of 3-5 years and 99% of them have gone 8 years. We still have 30% of our computers running XP since these units have run so well. of the 15-20 $20K servers I have purchased in the past 8 years... not one has ever had a single problem, not one call to support. Bash Dell's as you will... but math is math.

tleavit

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I've spend 2 million with Dell in the past 8 years. The laptops (business latitudes and Precisions) has a life expectancy of 3-5 years and 99% of them have gone 8 years. We still have 30% of our computers running XP since these units have run so well. of the 15-20 $20K servers I have purchased in the past 8 years... not one has ever had a single problem, not one call to support. Bash Dell's as you will... but math is math.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Sorry, but I love Dell products, espeically their laptops. The Dell Precision laptops are great. The M6700 has an IPS screen in it, LED, 17.3".... it's a portable workstation and there isn't an equal out there in terms of quality and performance. Just saying. I have no problems with Dell, none. I also buy and use their web servers (DRAC is a gift from the gods).

tadej petric

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Ive got more than 10 years old Dell (gx240). It works perfectly. Sure its slow (age, it was great back then), but reliable. It survived lightnings, water, me (unplugging it at random times) and so on. Thats what it used to be - a good company.

But all the things listed above are gone now. They sell PCs that hold 3y MAX. Thats just shame...

Status
Not open for further replies.