micro sd card wont show up

daretofaceme

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
i took my microsd card out of my phone 'n' into an adapter for my computer but when i tried putting it back in my phone it wont register it as there, ive tried the usual on and off and taking it out n cleaning it... nothing has worked

What happens if you put the SD back into the adapter? will it show up on your computer again? I'm thinking that a couple things could have happened: one is the flash memory was corrupted when being removed from the computer. Kind of like when you yank a USB drive out without "ejecting" and you run the risk of damaged data. The second, probably less likely, is that an actual physical part of the card was damaged (perhaps one of the metal connectors on it or a miniscule amount of damage to the structure of the card- they're not the sturdiest things). I'm not sure how your adapter thing works- do you have to eject the adapter?

If the computer can read data on the card at this point, it's probably something between card and phone. if the card appears empty, see if you can add data to it via your computer, remove it properly from the computer, re-insert it and see if that data appears/can be read properly. If it can, then, again, perhaps the phone is to blame (or the little port where the card goes into the phone). If the card shows no data or the data can't be read then the card is probably damaged/corrupted.

Susan Anne

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

This is what my son inadvertantly did (I think) when transferring files from my android phone to my PC. He remembers Windows saying the mini sd card needed to be formatted in order for Windows to read it; so he consented - and over a thousand of my photos are gone, and several very important audio files. IS THERE ANY HOPE after formatting?? What I see when connecting my phone to my PC is: device detected (ZTE Majesty), 1.39GB free of 3.68GB). When I click on the SD card, it opens to absolutely NOTHING VISIBLE despite the fact that the sd card is detected and there is a ton of info on it. I will be so grateful if you can help me with this.

Here are a few things to try:
http://www.piriform.com/recuva
http://best-datarecoverysoftware.blogspot.com/
http://www.powerdatarecovery.com/

Just be SURE that the recovered files go to another drive and NOT back to your original SD card!

Good luck!

Yogi

DoobeQ

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014
Hello, I am sorry to tell you that your micro card broken or damaged while you putting off it from your phone. Maybe it just data corrupt problem, you can try recovery tool to restore data first. 4Card Recovery is a very efficient recovery software and easy to operate.
First, download 4Card Recovery on the internet and install it on your computer.
Next, run it and select all to recover so that you will not miss anything.
Then, click the ‘ next’ button to scan it, and you are supposed to wait for about ten minutes here. So to be relax, and do not get into panic if you find it is keeping scanning.
Finally, store your recovered files on other part.
Do not write anything on the micro card before it fully recovered so as to avoid losing soemthing again.
Anyway seize every chance to fix it. Have a try.

Kyohei Takano

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014

tath happend to me too plss help me i try to put it to computer i wont be readded and it even dont show up?! even in phones plsss im beging you help me plss!

Kyohei Takano

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014