Question Micro throttles detected in HWiNFO, at times all CPU cores gets stuck at 545mhz

Feb 15, 2022
Code:
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3600: 47 °C
Matisse 7nm Technology

RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)

Motherboard
BIOSTAR Group X570GT (AM4): 45 °C

Graphics
S24D332 (1920x1080@75Hz)
8192MB ATI Radeon RX 590 Series (C.P. Technology): 33 °C

Storage
223GB PNY CS900 240GB SSD (SATA (SSD)): 33 °C
931GB Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 (SATA ): 30 °C

Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Hi, i've been having this issue for a long time now, but it's occurances were too random and too rare for me to tell what was going on; This past week it's happened three times, two days in a row, which is a first.

I've been using HWiNFO to log the information from my pc's sensors and when I took a closer look (changed the polling from 2000ms to 250ms), I could see these throttles were actually quite common, just often too fast for me or a 2000ms polling notice; Except when it actually throttles until I decide to shutdown (When it gets to that point, it doesn't go back to an usable state). So i'm really worried as of now, any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the two fields that display a significant change, in addition to CPU clocks:

HXognbd.png

RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)? That is extremely slow for that motherboard and CPU. Is there a setting in your BIOS menu(s), like 'XMP' or whatever the AMD equivalent is, where you can choose another speed? By the way, it's likely you're really running at 2133 (dual channel).

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022
RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)? That is extremely slow for that motherboard and CPU. Is there a setting in your BIOS menu(s), like 'XMP' or whatever the AMD equivalent is, where you can choose another speed? By the way, it's likely you're really running at 2133 (dual channel).

I went to check and my BIOS looks a bit bugged tbh, the screen is initially black but as I move the cursor stuff start showing up :unsure:
It's important to make a proper remark here: I had a tech shop update my bios for me (was too afraid to do it myself) due to some rdrand error causing RStudio (some statistics software, simply put) to not load properly in Linux. I never checked the bios since, it's been almost an year and the problem I presented in this thread dates longer than that, it was just too rare and random to notice. I don't think the two things are connected but I don't know what to think or do now.

EDIT: Ram sticks are Geil Evo Potenza 3200mhz, so i'm unsure what to think of that

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I went to check and my BIOS looks a bit bugged tbh, the screen is initially black but as I move the cursor stuff start showing up :unsure:
It's important to make a proper remark here: I had a tech shop update my bios for me (was too afraid to do it myself) due to some rdrand error causing RStudio (some statistics software, simply put) to not load properly in Linux. I never checked the bios since, it's been almost an year and the problem I presented in this thread dates longer than that, it was just too rare and random to notice. I don't think the two things are connected but I don't know what to think or do now.

EDIT: Ram sticks are Geil Evo Potenza 3200mhz, so i'm unsure what to think of that
You memory is running that slow because after the BIOS update they never set XMP profile back.

For the CPU your board thinks something is overheating see if their a update for your chipset driver.

Feb 15, 2022
You memory is running that slow because after the BIOS update they never set XMP profile back.

For the CPU your board thinks something is overheating see if their a update for your chipset driver.

I updated chipset drivers, still got it though :disrelieved: I took a printscreen at the time (edit: this required a reboot to fix, and it's going pretty strong, i'll run it for a couple hours to see what happens):

KzgmPey.png

Last edited: