Micron 64 Layer NAND Coming To Market; GDDR6, Next-Gen 3D XPoint, QLC NAND In Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
The article makes Micron's future seem pretty optimistic for the next year.
I'm really excited about the effect of GDDR6. Do you suppose it will be cheaper to implement than HBM2? Is GDDR6 the future of video card memory technology? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Z!

dstarr3

Distinguished

Well, the video originated in the Carmack/Zenimax article, where it was supposed to be. So I don't think it's something that should be blocked that isn't. It's just, for some reason, on every single article now.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
What's meant by "throughput", on the Industry Supply Outlook slide? I somehow doubt it's related to production speed, since it's always negative and mentioned as meaning something other than wafer additions.

BTW, there are some really interesting slides. It's a little surprising the would publish such analysis, but I guess maybe enough of their customers and investors demand to know such things. A few of them require a bit of a think to really understand what they're saying.

aries1470

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Yes, I was wondering the same thing, if there is a proof reader anymore :(
"Durcan will stay with the company until the board selects his predecessor." Maybe he wanted to say selects the sucessor to his predecessor?

Status
Not open for further replies.