Microphone for games

snakehead97

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
Ok so I want to record games but i have a really bad microphone. Keep in mind that in my town there aren't stores for proffessional studio microphones and I don't have a lot of money. I searched the internet and i found the novatech 3.5mm but i wasn't able to find it in stores. Also there weren't any good quality mics so i found the HA07 headset for just $10. I didn't buy them yet. I looked up on the net and i found that they were good for gaming but i couldn't get info on the mic. So I wan't to ask you is the microphone quality good and if nopt can you reccomend headphones with good quality mics. I am not looking for a proffesional mic. I am looking for a microphone under $20

Thank You
Cheers

Solution
Well actually if you order it from amazon, the delivery should be around 10-14$ so it will be like 20$.

Now with even more people trying to make it as a successful YouTuber, it is getting harder every single day. One major thing that you need, ESPECIALLY if you are planning on getting into commentaries is a good mic.

So considering you save up just a few more bucks, these are your options (I have experience with all of these microphones):

1. (Super budget) Blue Snowball Ice: At only $30, this does provide you the edge you need to stand out as a YouTuber but.. you have to do a LOT of audio editing with Audacity or Adobe Premiere to make this mic sound good. If you really can't afford to fork out the extra $20 for the Blue Snowball...
Well actually if you order it from amazon, the delivery should be around 10-14$ so it will be like 20$.

Now with even more people trying to make it as a successful YouTuber, it is getting harder every single day. One major thing that you need, ESPECIALLY if you are planning on getting into commentaries is a good mic.

So considering you save up just a few more bucks, these are your options (I have experience with all of these microphones):

1. (Super budget) Blue Snowball Ice: At only $30, this does provide you the edge you need to stand out as a YouTuber but.. you have to do a LOT of audio editing with Audacity or Adobe Premiere to make this mic sound good. If you really can't afford to fork out the extra $20 for the Blue Snowball (much better), this is your option. This microphone is only cardioid which means that is the only audio setting which is okay.. but I find myself using the other audio settings a lot as well. (Example: -10db pad, omnidirectional)

Buy the mic here: http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-iCE-Microphone/dp/B006DIA77E

2. (Mid Range, Recommenced) Blue Snowball: At $50, this microphone definitely gets the job done as far as audio/vocal quality is concerned. I have used this microphone on my YouTube channel for a long time now and and credit a lot of my success to this. It is very, very easy to use and set up. It comes with a good stand and it's very easy to mount a pop filter onto it (highly recommended). The audio quality is certainly sub par and this is what you need if you are new to and want to be successful on YouTube. It also comes with three different audio settings being cardioid, cardioid with a 10db pad, and omnidirectional. If you don't have a problem buying used, you can probably purchase this microphone for around $30 on YouTube. It also comes in a variety of colors which allows you to match it to your current setup (kinda important to me).

Buy the mic here: http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-Microphone-Textured/dp/B000EOPQ7E

@kassuba39

Solution