Question Microphone volume is extremely low ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2023
Hello.
On my PC, my microphone volume is extremely low. Even in the test, SIRI (or whoever) says they could not hear me clearly. The little coloured bars hardly move when I speak. However, the speakers work fine.
I have read up on this, and I have found and adjusted every possible sound setting, including updated drivers. It still does not help. The mic works fine on my Laptop, though.
Is the mic hardware (In) on the sound card a separate entity from the speaker (out). I mean to ask, that if the speakers work fine, and mic does not, can it be that the sound card is faulty?

Appreciate any input
Thank you.

Renier

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Is the mic hardware (In) on the sound card a separate entity from the speaker (out).
Yes, very much so.

can it be that the sound card is faulty?
Could be. But sounds more like issue with mic sensitivity, which is too low in Win settings.

Guide here;
link: https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-adjust-mic-sensitivity-android-ios-mac-windows/
Need to scroll a bit before you get to Windows part.

Also, if you have dedicated sound card, might want to look into it's own software as well. Mic sensitivity (input level) could be low in that one too.

Reactions: AvoidSpikes
Jun 2, 2023
Hello.
On my PC, my microphone is extremely soft. Even in the test, SIRI (or whoever) says they could not hear me clearly. The little coloured bars hardly move when I speak. However, the speakers work fine.
I have read up on this, and I have found and adjusted every possible sound setting, including updated drivers. It still does not help. The mic works fine on my Laptop, though.
Is the mic hardware (In) on the sound card a separate entity from the speaker (out). I mean to ask, that if the speakers work fine, and mic does not, can it be that the sound card is faulty?

Appreciate any input
Thank you.

Renier
You can update your microphone drivers. You can do this by going to the Device Manager in Windows and clicking on the Sound, video and game controller's category.

Reactions: AvoidSpikes
Status
Not open for further replies.