Microsoft Accidentally Releases Internal Builds Via Windows Insider Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ogdy

Distinguished
Windows Phone users are no problem. Think about it: they all work at Microsoft and live close to its headquarters. There's always the good to take into account.

4 people, and no, they don't all work at Microsoft. I have one. I am not running Windows Phone 10 however, as it had as many problems as the desktop version, and I preferred to use my phone more than sit around waiting for it to update.

As for bricking with an accidental update, Windows Phone 10 bricked phones with intentional updates, so I don't see an accidental brick being much worse. Nokia had to release special software for unbricking phones. That's pretty sad.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Close one, I almost installed this update on my phone. At least they didn't release one with a dev tracker in an official update like Office 365 just did.

Stokesperc

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
My phone got one of the accidental builds on an overnight update. The device recovery tool won't fix the problem as the phone does not get far enough into the boot process to connect to the device recovery tool on my PC. Waiting to 24-48 hours to hear back from MS for a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.