Microsoft Announces Earnings for End of FY 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
[citation][nom]MeatyMutaWings[/nom]6 billion net income for a quarter.I wonder how much did it cost to develop windows 7.[/citation]
That cost would go against revenue, not net income. Net should be after all costs are calculated.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]MeatyMutaWings[/nom]6 billion net income for a quarter.I wonder how much did it cost to develop windows 7.[/citation]

Net profit margin of 33.7%

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
generally it takes 1 billion to make an os, but than again, win 7 want a ground up os like others were.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Alright you libtards.... while the gas companies are making just a little over .05% a gallon of profit per gallon of gasoline, the Real thieves named Apple and Microshaft are making a killing.... sometimes over 50% of markup value... that's right, the shiny new windows 7 pro you bought went 50%, or more, into direct profit.................. happy now???????????????????

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Alright you libtards.... while the gas companies are making just a little over .05% a gallon of profit per gallon of gasoline, the Real thieves named Apple and Microshaft are making a killing.... sometimes over 50% of markup value... that's right, the shiny new windows 7 pro you bought went 50%, or more, into direct profit.................. happy now???????????????????[/citation]
Very happy thanks, whilst I have the option of staying with Windows XP, the fact I only have to spend approx $100 in 10 years isn't so bad.
However, my car needs filling up nearly twice a month and I don't have any option to go to Apple Fuel for my car or delay buying at all otherwise my car runs out and I can't get to work.

Any other pop-psychology theories you need destroying?

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Wow, on track to pocket around 24 million this year. Funny how they say they can't afford to make XBL free. Funny we don't hear of hacking attempts here considering their profit margins completely dwarf Sony's, and they didn't already lose billions of dollars to a massive earthquake. But I suppose MS ripping people off is "acceptable" seeing as how most hackers use MS products.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
I meant billion. [citation][nom]badaxe2[/nom]Wow, on track to pocket around 24 billion this year. Funny how they say they can't afford to make XBL free. Funny we don't hear of hacking attempts here considering their profit margins completely dwarf Sony's, and they didn't already lose billions of dollars to a massive earthquake. But I suppose MS ripping people off is "acceptable" seeing as how most hackers use MS products.[/citation]

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]badaxe2[/nom]Wow, on track to pocket around 24 million this year. Funny how they say they can't afford to make XBL free. Funny we don't hear of hacking attempts here considering their profit margins completely dwarf Sony's, and they didn't already lose billions of dollars to a massive earthquake. But I suppose MS ripping people off is "acceptable" seeing as how most hackers use MS products.[/citation]
If you want free online gaming, game on the PC, no one is twisting your arm to use an Xbox.
Everyone knows it costs money so if you buy one then moan about it you just look daft.

custodian-1

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Alright you libtards.... while the gas companies are making just a little over .05% a gallon of profit per gallon of gasoline, the Real thieves named Apple and Microshaft are making a killing.... sometimes over 50% of markup value... that's right, the shiny new windows 7 pro you bought went 50%, or more, into direct profit.................. happy now???????????????????[/citation]

Yes the Gas dealer makes a nickle on a gallon. The distributor makes 3-4 cents a gallon, the gas storage area gets half a penny a gallon, and it goes on and on all the way to the person who owns or leases the land the oil comes from. On top of that there is 60 cents of tax. You make it sound so easy.

wcnighthawk

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
[citation][nom]badaxe2[/nom]Wow, on track to pocket around 24 million this year. Funny how they say they can't afford to make XBL free. Funny we don't hear of hacking attempts here considering their profit margins completely dwarf Sony's, and they didn't already lose billions of dollars to a massive earthquake. But I suppose MS ripping people off is "acceptable" seeing as how most hackers use MS products.[/citation]

Microsoft doesn't openly ask for attacks by being dicks either, unlike Sony. They got what they deserved.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]meatymutawings[/nom]6 billion net income for a quarter.I wonder how much did it cost to develop windows 7.[/citation]

Windows 7 is a more streamlined Windows Vista. So not much cost at all but initial cost to develop Vista. Then again MS software development is very cost effective and profitable. MS hardware division is in need of innovation and major improvement. Only the XBox is a desirable MS hardware product.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
How is MS ripping people off BTW? MS is not a charity and for profit company. Just because they make allot of profit doesn't mean they are 'ripping' people of but successful!!! Big difference! Many foreign companies would love to be in MS'es position. Go USA!!!!

G

"Microsoft also has been roundly criticized in the past by many of its own employees for outsourcing more product development, support and other functions, leading to a need for fewer jobs. Wall Street might love Microsoft outsourcing to save money, but, understandably, laid-off Softies might feel differently…" from ZD Net. Maybe we could plug a few holes that let "American" companies export jobs. Maybe we need to emphasize more tech education and make it easier for Americans to pay for college.

Status
Not open for further replies.