Microsoft Blames PC Vendors for Poor Windows 8 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh god this again. stop blaming your partners and blame yourself. give a service pack that lets you turn off metro and use a regular start menu (fix the search bar while you are on it) and every one will be dam happy

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Windows 8 is freaking HORRIBLE. I'm so tired to posting how screwed up it is to use on a desktop. MS, get the HINT already. I love you as a company but you screwed up with Win8 and you damn as well better fix that crap in Win9. Give us options, leave the Start screen and crap in there, but make it really freaking easy to turn in off. Good god, just a few tweaks and everyone would love WIn8, why is MS being so STUBBORN??????

twelch82

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Right - it's the PC manufacturer's problem, not the fact that you created an OS that was obviously never targeted at desktop computer users. Even Ballmer tacitly admitted it by saying that MS fired Sinofsky because he wasn't as into "integration" with the other MS efforts as they wanted him to be.

In other words, he didn't agree with the idea of trying to use desktop Windows users as a sacrifice on the altar of trying to sell smartphones and tablets. Everbody is letting MS know now what they thought of that idea in the marketplace, and MS execs are looking around for someone to point a finger at.

twelch82

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]Windows 8 is freaking HORRIBLE. I'm so tired to posting how screwed up it is to use on a desktop. MS, get the HINT already. I love you as a company but you screwed up with Win8 and you damn as well better fix that crap in Win9. Give us options, leave the Start screen and crap in there, but make it really freaking easy to turn in off. Good god, just a few tweaks and everyone would love WIn8, why is MS being so STUBBORN??????[/citation]

Why is MS being stubborn? Because this was never about you the desktop computer user. This was about gaining marketshare for Metro apps so they could sell more smartphones and tablets.

"Oh, the desktop PC users don't like it? Tough. They'll learn to live with it. We need to sell phones."

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
"In other news, PC vendors blamed Microsoft for poor introduction and 'magic' of Windows 8. The PC tycoons swiftly told Steve Ballmer to step down from Microsoft soon..."

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Its as easy as "Turn on Metro mode or Native Windows mode?"

Users with touchscreen would use metro, us PC enthusiasts would use Native windows...

But instead, they tried to slam this s**t down our throat by saying "NOPE! NO START BAR!" "NOPE CANT BOOT TO DESKTOP!" "YOU MUST TRANSFER TO THIS NEW INTERFACE"

Yea, few mods later i'm back to the good Windows.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]ern88[/nom]WINDOWS 8 SUCKS. I BLAME MICROSOFT AND STEVE BALLBABY!!!![/citation]
ballbaby? really couldnt have come up with something better?

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I truly place the blame on OEMs, they release systems without thought of the user experience.
For a consumer, there isn't anything wrong with Windows 8, they can launch all their programs from a touch type interface.

For power users, this interface is just different. If you don't like it, well spend $5.00 and get the start button. But do not complain that it doesn't have one, Microsoft said they took it out !

ravinmachine

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
There is no point with having a "touch" centric interface on a desktop. Ergonomically it is a terrible idea, not to mention the fingerprints you would have on your screen.

iniudan

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Go on Microsoft continue blaming your partner, this only make me happy, has it make it one step closer of you losing your monopoly, has it make your partner just want to look for other solution, most likely Linux based, but BSD or Illumos also work in my mind.

iniudan

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
[citation][nom]ravinmachine[/nom]There is no point with having a "touch" centric interface on a desktop. Ergonomically it is a terrible idea, not to mention the fingerprints you would have on your screen.[/citation]

I got a tablet and I mostly stick to the stylet (galaxy note, so integrated into the tablet anyway) justly for finger print reason.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]Windows 8 is freaking HORRIBLE. I'm so tired to posting how screwed up it is to use on a desktop. MS, get the HINT already. I love you as a company but you screwed up with Win8 and you damn as well better fix that crap in Win9. Give us options, leave the Start screen and crap in there, but make it really freaking easy to turn in off. Good god, just a few tweaks and everyone would love WIn8, why is MS being so STUBBORN??????[/citation]Calm down, instead of put ur hopes on stupid Microsoft & rage all day, may be it is time to learn how to use Classic shell. Its sucks, but still better than nothing.

I have been using classic shell, thus I am benefiting all the win8 good feature while having the statrmenu. best of the both world.

yegurakakuru

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
With Surface, Microsoft has become a manufacturer too. During the holiday season they sold the Surface only online and in the very few stores they have opened across North America. So, Microsoft is at least as culpable as the other manufacturers.

yegurakakuru

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
With Surface, Microsoft has become a manufacturer too. During the holiday season they sold the Surface only online and in the very few stores they have opened across North America. So, Microsoft is at least as culpable as the other manufacturers.

yegurakakuru

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

lebois kid

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
I will use Windows 8 for tablet, maybe phone. For a desktop OS it is $h!t. I would much rather use OSX, various Linux desktops, or continue with Windows 7, which is great. Microsoft is in real trouble here, and they've negatively affected the entire pc industry. Can you just hear the install percentage of OSX and Linux ticking up this year? Microsoft will soon be in real damage control. I'll admit to being a Microsoft fan boy since MSDOS 1.1, and hate Crapple. Now I consider recommending Mac to my parents and friends, and may start using for me and my family.

jdwii

Splendid
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Calm down, instead of put ur hopes on stupid Microsoft & rage all day, may be it is time to learn how to use Classic shell. Its sucks, but still better than nothing. I have been using classic shell, thus I am benefiting all the win8 good feature while having the statrmenu. best of the both world.[/citation]

Not good enough people at bestbuy buying this crap wont except in fact i know this guy who told geek squid to install windows 7 on his new toshiba laptop.

Classic shell and Start8 wont save windows 8 and Android and IOS is going to eat W8 on the phone/Tablet market as well just like i said 1 year ago.

Give it up Microsoft make 2 editions not 1 for all. Can't even run normal programs on the RT anyways.

Devoteicon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2012
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Calm down, instead of put ur hopes on stupid Microsoft & rage all day, may be it is time to learn how to use Classic shell. Its sucks, but still better than nothing. I have been using classic shell, thus I am benefiting all the win8 good feature while having the statrmenu. best of the both world.[/citation]
No, UPGRADING back to Windows 7 is the better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.