Microsoft Boasts 90,000,000 Windows 7 Sold

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]No offence, but being a big "fan" of a corporation is kind of... sad.90M is quite impressive. I wonder if this includes technet subscriptions (I assume so).[/citation]

that is true, but i highly doubt apple has sold anywhere near that many copies of snow leopard. Even leopard and snow leopard combined.

TEAMSWITCHER

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
That's 90 Million system registries that will get clogged up over time rendering the user helpless, until they do a fresh install of Windows.
This is not good news. Backup up your data - often!

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
MSoft has done the right thing by letting the people test the OS before launch, since it gave them opportunity to fix the majority of the bugs. Great job. This is where Apple fails. Apple may or may not be more secure but for some reason i can't get used to it. I have a MBP laptop and run WIN7 95% of the time.

G

So they´ve sold 90 milion copies of a patch disk for Vista?

h83r

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]No offence, but being a big "fan" of a corporation is kind of... sad.90M is quite impressive. I wonder if this includes technet subscriptions (I assume so).[/citation]

I think he's a fan of the products they make, not so much the corporation

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
That's nice and how many of those reverted back to vista or XP or was forced to buy xp separately with the forced Win7 sale ?

Is there more than 1% of those that still use win7 ?

I buy new hardware and first thing I do is format and install XP 32bit or 64bit just to be able to use my hardware.

G

After reading the overly kiss ass comments and thumbs up, it's obvious tomshardware is a site with too many school children.

G

"I think he's a fan of the products they make, not so much the corporation"

How would you know? Are you his mentor, or did he tell you personally? I thought so. Please shut up.

friskey

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
[citation][nom]killblade[/nom]It is only a matter of time Iphone and the Ipad will overtake the number of windows sold. This is Windows last breath - Like Google Microsoft has Copied Apple OSX ex sept the genuine OSX remains free of viruses[/citation]

like a lot of iphone and Ipad losers - you have no idea what your talking about - no one copied OSX - and OSX does very poorly in the Pwn2Own hacking challenges. So stick the apple back in your mouth

gh0st

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Good job on finally making another decent OS.Avg around 1/3 .
Thank you all of you paying Beta testers(Vista purchasers) for making this happen!

G

yes they did but they have taking windows xp out of the store and all of vista and vista 7 or as it is called windows 7 is a pile of shit you can take it off your computer and put windows xp back on and it will run so fast but with vista and vista 7 windows 7 it is so slow and microsoft does no care all they want is your money let tem know windows vista and vista 7 or as it is called window 7 sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.