Microsoft CEO Candidate Talks Future Beyond Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Microsoft is pushing Office 365 on companies like a drug pusher... They really do some outstanding job at marketing and pushing their products.

My company uses LibreOffice though, we don't need none of the crappy ribbon M$hit.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
The future is the cloud? Yeah why not - Lets go back to the old mainframe - terminal era with the added benefit of having the mainframes hooked up and accessible on the internet so every skilled hacker can get what they want... Its lazier to hack one place than millions so the hackers will likely send a thank you card while running off with credit cards numbers and the like - All of witch the end consumer have to pay the price for while the company responsibility of the security barely get a slap on the wrist...

Another day - Another cloud disaster - Another day, two cloud disasters...

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
Make this guy CEO and Microsoft will destroy itself from the inside. The cloud is a bad idea, not a good idea. Your precious files are on a remote server? What if your Internet dies? What if the server is hacked? What if the server becomes corrupt? What if Snowden #2 comes along and the server is shut down without warning?

Give end-users the power, Microsoft, or you will lose all the power you're trying so hard to cling to.

dennisburke

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
MICROSOFT _ The Customer? _ Cloud Computing?_ I'm a customer too.

C'mon Man _ Microsoft is Windows _ Windows is Microsoft _ Don't forget your roots and who buttered your bread.

Microsoft could send my Heart a Flutter if they would spend a couple of days thinking about how to maybe upgrade Windows Media Center for us PC users. I don't think it would be that hard to do, and it would be nice to know that someone cares about me.

_Content PC Gamer

timames

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
I am not always hooked to the internet and it is NOT an advantage to have to use a MS account to use normal office software or even simple games [which is what I now have to do with Win 8.1]. It will be easier to MS and NSA to track me and my data though.

Status
Not open for further replies.