Microsoft Has a New Tagline: "Be What's Next"

Status
Not open for further replies.

adikos

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
with microsoft its better to "Wait to be whats next" cause we know its gonna be buggy out the gate :)

not that other companies are much better.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
With the advent and developement of 3DTV as well as the developement of LCD TVs and Touch Screen Surfaces, Microsoft had to move away from 'Life Without Walls' as walls (or at least what hangs on them) are likely to be the next interface.

'Be What's Next' does conjure images of continued developement but that is not always a good thing. Back around 2000 'Be What's Next' with thoughts of Windows ME? No thanks... I'll stick with 'Be What I Already Have'.

Overall though, when it comes to marketing. It is not so much the slogan or tagline that hooks people, but the prescence of adverts themselves and a new slogan or tagline gives a company a reason to saturate the market with new ads without the public feeling that the company is repeating themselves.

megahustler

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
It should be "Microsoft: The next one will be better - we promise!*"
(* This does not constitute an actual, legally binding, promise.)

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
How about ... be realistic?
I mean it's OS is losing market share to Mac and Linux and
Windows 7 mobile will get no traction in the face of iOS and Android, and as for Bing...

G

This slogan would be great over a photo of a line of cattle at the slaughterhouse. :)

G

As an advertising copywriter let me just say that almost all taglines are rubbish.

I know because I've written some and it's usually only done because the ads in a campaign don't hang together well enough. So a unifying line is added.

Microsoft also has a track record for the most lame advertising from a major multinational consumer product company. It goes with the ghastly provincial tastelessness of Windows -- which just gets more lurid with each iteration.

Apple, who I despise equally for the cruel and unusual punishment which is iTunes and the general annoyingness of their users, at least have decent product styling and occasionally witty advertising.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Sounds.... nothing like them. I was hoping for something that kind of explains what they do a little. "Think Windows" or something along those lines. Most people don't even know what company made Windows.

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
It's a cheesy tagline. Kind of embarrassing in my eyes. It seems a reflection of a narcissistic desire, and we have a surplus of narcissism in our society. I’m a MS fan *raises middle finger* however, you’re not all that special. EPIC FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.