Question Microsoft Keyboard 7000 - Special Keys don't work WIN10

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Hi Everybody,

I've had this Natural Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard 7000 for the past 10 years or so.. It has served me well on Win Vista so as on Win 7..

Recently I switched to Win10 (Home) and the special buttons on it - play/pause, increase/decrease volume, calculator and other fast access buttons stopped working..

I tried updating the driver but on Microsoft's website they only have drivers available up to Win 8 for this keyboard.

Any advice?

Lutfij

Titan
You can try and install the drivers in compatibility mode, i.e right click installer>Compatibility Tab>Windows X(from the drop down menu). When looking for the drivers/app, you can try and work with the latest Mouse & Keyboard center or download the Windows 7 version of the app from this site.

Reactions: Mandark

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
You can try and install the drivers in compatibility mode, i.e right click installer>Compatibility Tab>Windows X(from the drop down menu). When looking for the drivers/app, you can try and work with the latest Mouse & Keyboard center or download the Windows 7 version of the app from this site.
I'm sorry but I didn't quite get you..

how do I find the installer?

BTW I downloaded the "Microsoft mouse and keyboard center" and the keyboard is not even recognized on it - only the mouse (which is newer).

One more thing - I recently reformatted my laptop (reinstalled Windows 10 - due some technical troubles).
At first the media buttons worked just fine - Until one day it just stopped working again. (could be a key combination that I pressed without paying attention.. A combination that I'm not able to repeat).

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts