Microsoft Keynote: Kinect, WP7, Windows on SoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethaniel

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2005
... And a drugged woman on stage. Saw the keynote completely. Liz needs to cut the caffeine or whatever she's having...

styrkes

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
If they're going to support system-on-chip, then does that mean they will phase out wp7 in the future and replace it with win8?

[citation][nom]styrkes[/nom]If they're going to support system-on-chip, then does that mean they will phase out wp7 in the future and replace it with win8?[/citation]

No windows 8 on SoC is for higher powered/performance Arm chips for use in situations such as tablets/netbooks/PoS/ATM's etc

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
I just hope that AMD will work together with ARM on some machines.
Their neo systems are far from energy efficient,
A windows running on an ARM system could benefit greatly from the low power, high performance integrated graphics cards from AMD!

Better than Nvidias cards.

I find what intel is in the processor market (highest power, lowest power consumption) AMD is in the graphics market.
We know NVidia will be working together with ARM, but I believe pretty soon the x86 processor architecture will be the past.
I'm glad I read up on this review, and extend me purchasing a pc for perhaps next year, ARM powered instead.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
Wait..... WP7 didn't have copy and paste on release? iOS (or however that is capitalized) didn't for a long time and it was a rampant plague of complaints. I almost considered buying a WP now I am going to keep my Android.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]ckthecerealkiller[/nom]Wait..... WP7 didn't have copy and paste on release? iOS (or however that is capitalized) didn't for a long time and it was a rampant plague of complaints. I almost considered buying a WP now I am going to keep my Android.[/citation]They're adding copy and paste shortly, but my money says you were never going to change from your Android device to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.