Microsoft Kills Windows 7 Activation Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured they would. Of course pirates will still hack it. Anyway I'd like for them to spend more time making sure the OS works right. I'll probably get win 7 eventually, but I'll wait till they put out a few patches for it ^_^. At least they did good buy letting alot of customers be lab rats, uh, I mean valued RC testers :D. Hopefully it won't have too many issues at launch but memories of the state of the Vista and XP at retail launchs don't fill me with hope :)

G

I love how its always "to protect people from virii and identity theft" rather than they just want their money since it really doesn't make you more vulnerable.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]asfew[/nom]I love how its always "to protect people from virii and identity theft" rather than they just want their money since it really doesn't make you more vulnerable.[/citation]
and if you take a lot of time and invest a lot of monney makeing an OS wouldn`t you like to protect your monney ?

reasonablevoice

Distinguished
May 10, 2008
"and if you take a lot of time and invest a lot of monney makeing an OS wouldn`t you like to protect your monney ? "

Well, no shit sherlock. He is pointing out that they are lying or greatly exaggerating the "risks" so it sounds like they are looking out for their customers when they are just trying to scare people into not using a pirated copy.
I have a technet sub, so I don't have to worry about cracks and hacks, though if I didn't I would be running a cracked copy for sure.
$200-300 for an OS? No thanks.

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
theres new versions of orbit already, and they're all reporting it works, wondering if microsoft will suddenly disable them once windows update kicks in XD

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
well i've still got 4 months left on mine, It's on a secondary HDD anyway. Someone will come out with a build 7600 crack again before the release of the retail version. If not I'll simply reinstall windows every 4 months, that's good practice anyway to help ensure a clean and efficient operating system, only takes about an hour or 3 if you have all your content backed up properly (depending on game installs).

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
Not to mention the fact that win 7 is still unstable compared to xp when multitasking. Not sure if i even want to keep it yet. Sage tv no longer works, and WMC crashes every 4-10 minutes, not to mention it steals focus when i'm trying to do other things like gaming. 300 dollars for something that has less functionality than something already in place? I second that "no thanks" stated above.

shims506

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
why wont you disable

back ground intelligence transfer and windows update

wouldn't that work and stop them from receiving info about your computer

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]nachowarrior[/nom]Not to mention the fact that win 7 is still unstable compared to xp when multitasking. Not sure if i even want to keep it yet. Sage tv no longer works, and WMC crashes every 4-10 minutes, not to mention it steals focus when i'm trying to do other things like gaming. 300 dollars for something that has less functionality than something already in place? I second that "no thanks" stated above.[/citation]

thats just karma for not buying the software for a measily $50.

[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]and if you take a lot of time and invest a lot of monney makeing an OS wouldn`t you like to protect your monney ?[/citation]

If the OS was called Windows Millennium or Vista... would you argue about ripping off customers instead of antitrust big companies like Microsoft?

The same Microsoft unable to design a proper heatsink for the 360 that managed to screw up so many customers due to the bad design. The same one destroying PC gaming with the horrible xbox trash port philosophy Games for ... Live?

Look, I got my legal copies of XP and Vista through MSDNAA. I don't plan to buy another Microsoft Product in my life. Hell, they even scrap MSN messenger... HOW COULD IT BE POSSIBLE???

[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]LOL @ M$ trying to argue that pirates aren't going to be able to crack W7 easily.Some pirated copies of some software are actually better than the original... the sad truth.[/citation]

Yeah cause then you dont have to ring Microsoft to activate after you use your licence so much!

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]thats just karma for not buying the software for a measily $50.[/citation]

Nooooo, it's not karma, it's just unstable. If you hadn't noticed, karma doesn't apply to math. 1+1=2 and on is on and off is off. no matter what. Which means that windows 7 is still below par for the course.

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
One of the reasons why I don't use windows... This crap exploits the power of my pc to use it against myself.

Go Linux. Screw the games that don't run on linux... my gtx260 may be overkill for HL2, but w/e, I ain't using an OS that spends half its time trying to make sure I'm legit and the other half actually working. I like Linux, 100% working ;)

G

i'm having my illegal copy of windows 7 from torrents sites on my hard drive and i'm planning to install it in the next couple of weeks and see how it works.maybe if i'm satisfied with the product i'll buy an original copy from store in october

nurgletheunclean

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
[citation][nom]my gtx260 may be overkill for HL2, but w/e, I ain't using an OS that spends half its time trying to make sure I'm legit and the other half actually working. I like Linux, 100% working[/citation]

Microsoft's foothold on PC OS is DirectX. Linux is great if all you want to play is a handful of OpenGL titles. But the vast majority of games need DirectX, which leaves Non-Windows users out in the cold.

As for the main story, of course Microsoft is going to invalidate the Lenovo key, it's easy to do before PC's actually hit the market.

Once Lenovo or any other manufacturer ships a couple million units, Microsoft won't be able to invalidate the Key. Exactly why Vista remains compromised. This is all just PR for Microsoft, since none of it really matters one way or the other. 95% of MS OSs are purchased by OEMs anyway. Laptops for $400 will come with Win7--so who's rushing out to upgrade their old PCs with Win7? A handful of enthusiasts-small potatoes. How many enthusiasts run an illigit copy? Even Smaller potatoes.

Again here's the age old question. If copy protection was perfect, does that mean pirates would buy the software? Or simply go without, or go with a free alternative?

As long as OEMs buy the software MS will be satisfied.

aspireonelover

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
lol, I bet microsoft is just "saying" this again... just like vista "Oh, our new updates will permanently disable the crack." Did they even disable the bootloader crack? nope they didn't
Just so saying, it's always better to buy software(os included) other than to hack it.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]nachowarrior[/nom]Not to mention the fact that win 7 is still unstable compared to xp when multitasking. Not sure if i even want to keep it yet. Sage tv no longer works, and WMC crashes every 4-10 minutes, not to mention it steals focus when i'm trying to do other things like gaming. 300 dollars for something that has less functionality than something already in place? I second that "no thanks" stated above. If you hadn't noticed, karma doesn't apply to math. 1+1=2 and on is on and off is off. no matter what. Which means that windows 7 is still below par for the course.[/citation]
So your experience represents the global experience? Listen to this guy everyone, his opinion matters, yours doesn't. :sarcastic:

[citation][nom]computabug[/nom]One of the reasons why I don't use windows... This crap exploits the power of my pc to use it against myself.Go Linux. Screw the games that don't run on linux... my gtx260 may be overkill for HL2, but w/e, I ain't using an OS that spends half its time trying to make sure I'm legit and the other half actually working. I like Linux, 100% working[/citation]

And stuck playing 4 year old games with modern hardware...

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]And stuck playing 4 year old games with modern hardware...[/citation]
It would be nice if developers and publishers decided to port their games to Linux. Instead they go where they get money and create a steaming pile of bloatware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS