Microsoft Launches 4-Yr Office 365 Subscription for Students

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankaj

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Does it include updates, if say they release the next version of office before the 4 years is up?

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Or just use Google Docs. I use Office 365 and the only significant feature I need is Outlook due to the requirements of a specific customer (who could just as easily use web mail).

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
there are way too many free stuff to buy office 365 ,, even office 2003 is still ok with everything ,
what do you do in university , write essays , office 2003 is more than enough ...

towards students ... the staff students do are still possible to do with tech from 10 years ago ...

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
So what happens at the end of the 4 year subscription, can you continue to use office 365 or at the end of the 4 years does office 365 automatically deactivate forceing you to buy another subscription. I see no point in spending almost $80 for somthing I can get for free.

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
[citation][nom]phamhlam[/nom]Does this still allow you to install on 5 computers?[/citation]

It seems that your are limited to only 2 PC. It is perfect for me anyways. $160 for 8 years worth of Office is amazing. I use Excel VBA, Outlook, and OneNote a lot so this is amazing.

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
[citation][nom]shafe88[/nom]So what happens at the end of the 4 year subscription, can you continue to use office 365 or at the end of the 4 years does office 365 automatically deactivate forceing you to buy another subscription. I see no point in spending almost $80 for somthing I can get for free.[/citation]

You can get a legal copy of a full blown Office for free? There is not other program that has as much features as Office. This is for people who are heavily invested in Office. If you can live with G Docs or OpenOffice, then there is no point.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
If office 365 really does deactivate after the 4 year subscription, that would suck if you where 3 days straight wirting a report just about to hit the print button and bam office 365 shuts down and an activation message pops up to renew your subscription of office 365.

... last I checked Office 365 is free for students. I know because I set 2 different schools up with it. Maybe not for college students? or perhaps it is for school liscences for students and not for individual student sign ups?

[citation][nom]caedenv[/nom]... last I checked Office 365 is free for students. I know because I set 2 different schools up with it. Maybe not for college students? or perhaps it is for school liscences for students and not for individual student sign ups?[/citation]

A lot of institutions get Software Assurance which gives them volume licensing for a flat fee, upgrades included. It's a pretty sweet deal if you use Microsoft products a lot.

You can use Microsoft Web Apps for free, which includes Word, Excel, One Note and I believe PowerPoint. It is a part of the Windows Live and SkyDrive....all free.

Status
Not open for further replies.