Microsoft Launches 'Buy PC, Get Xbox Free' for Students Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
"A hot new Windows 7-based PC with a free Xbox 360 is the ultimate productivity, social and entertainment package for students,"

Really?!? LOL!

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]I'd buy in if she was thrown in with the deal.[/citation]
I am glad you were the first one to post here. May your spirit live long and prosper in this thread. I am serious about this.

G

[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]I am glad you were the first one to post here. May your spirit live long and prosper in this thread. I am serious about this.[/citation]
I don't know what you're getting at with your retort, but it was pointless and stupid.

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
[citation][nom]obiown77[/nom]did you see the size of her feet?[/citation]
Really? They're not that big, it's the angle the picture was taken at. LOL.

zyzeast

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
[citation][nom]obiown77[/nom]did you see the size of her feet?[/citation]
why were you looking at her feet anyway? :)

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
"In one shot, with this great offer, Microsoft is giving students everything they need for a successful new school year."

Everything? Everything?! What about things like books, tuition money, a place to live, food, transportation, mentors, a quiet place to study, etc.????

Also, what does has having a game console have to do with being successful at school?

therandomuser

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
[citation][nom]thrasher32[/nom]The obvious question is why you'd need an xbox when you have a pc...[/citation]
To sell of course! That is, unless you actually use a PC for anything other than gaming. Even then, pairing "ultimate productivity" and "PC + XBox" is very laughable.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]milktea[/nom]Yes PC+XBox very productive, especially with a GF like that in the picture... D[/citation]

No doubt. Prolly have 1 hour a day for sleep and homework!

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
... meh, if they allow system builders like me on the deal then sure! I will not buy an OEM desktop... not spending money on crappy hardware lol. Though I could definitely use a new laptop though.... hmmm... lol

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
$700 PC is a gaming machine (not high end but it's still gaming)... and add xbox 360 to that will cause bad grades (unless with moderation). Yay.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Stunning how marketing in the US has simply run of of control , that blurb mentioned in the story above is OUTRAGEOUS, the ultimate in productivity??!! Really..Up is down and down is up......The most disturbing aspect of it is that most folks won't even stop to think how utterly idiotic that statement is. Depressing!

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Since most comments here are about the girl, the fun way Tom's Hardware readers go about and I enjoy reading, I am surprised nobody asked if she can play a certain game... :D :D

[citation][nom]thrasher32[/nom]The obvious question is why you'd need an xbox when you have a pc...[/citation]Because PC's suck for gaming with people in the same room. Game systems are great if your friends are real people down the hall (College Dorm) versus imaginary people online. Okay, online people aren't "imaginary", but there's something to taunting a person physically sitting next to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.