Microsoft Launches Dev Tools For Windows 10 Universal Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Universal apps are great, and looks like they're getting better. I hope more developers take advantage of not only Universal Apps including single purchase / multiple Windows platforms option. So you can buy your favorite apps/games once and play them on various MS platforms. Hopefully Xbox will increasingly be part of this Universal App push as time goes on.

red77star

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Universal Apps do not offer anything worth buying cause in nutshell they are crap we had on PC 15-20 years ago, functionality wise

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Universal Apps is a great concept but I hope they fix the Start button on Windows 10 to really get me excited to use Windows 10. They have not listened to all the different threads of people complaining that they want an "All Programs" menu button to function like in Windows 7, with subfolders for organization, in addition to the All Apps menu button to separate the crippled tablet apps. Right now All Apps looks like the Windows 8 start menu's all apps view but all icons scrolling vertically making it more cumbersome to use. Right now the start button works just like the Windows 8.1 start menu but with a smaller view that needs vertical scrolling. The only improvement is the recently used program list. We just wanted the Windows 7 start menu functionality with a small area for live tiles.

epobirs

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Universal Apps do not offer anything worth buying cause in nutshell they are crap we had on PC 15-20 years ago, functionality wise

Oh yeah, remember the horrible Twitter client that came with Windows 95?

epobirs

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Universal Apps is a great concept but I hope they fix the Start button on Windows 10 to really get me excited to use Windows 10. They have not listened to all the different threads of people complaining that they want an "All Programs" menu button to function like in Windows 7, with subfolders for organization, in addition to the All Apps menu button to separate the crippled tablet apps. Right now All Apps looks like the Windows 8 start menu's all apps view but all icons scrolling vertically making it more cumbersome to use. Right now the start button works just like the Windows 8.1 start menu but with a smaller view that needs vertical scrolling. The only improvement is the recently used program list. We just wanted the Windows 7 start menu functionality with a small area for live tiles.

Actually, the latest build for the Fat ring, 10041, does have folders in the Start menu from apps that would have created them in Windows 7 and earlier. However, there isn't an obvious interface yet to edit the Start menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.