Microsoft Launches Its Own Live Tech Support Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

funguseater

Distinguished
Great, just what I need. MS taking away Virus Removal money out of my pocket, maybe it'll cause mass confusion and us techs will have to be called in to fix it up!

amstech

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Removing todays worms and/or trojan horse infections can require significant knowledge with an NTFS file system, registry, services and operations. Running a malwarebytes is simply not enough, many small infections stick around. So I wonder if they only charge the people they actually help?

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Long time coming.
I hope you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to have someone tell you the obvious like "Change your screen resolution", or something small and silly like that, because there will be lots of people like that........

jdwii

Splendid
It's about time!! They've been a company producing OS's and software for the last 25+ years and now they do it. Microsoft should of done this when more people where uneducated with PC's back in the 80's and 90's. Once again Microsoft a little to late.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
the more i think of it, Microsoft is resembling Bill Gate's personality. He is so quiet and chill but has master plans for world domination and how to grab ur $$$.

I love Gates.

G

Do they really need humans involved in this? Surely they could have written a bot that takes people's money and then say, "sorry, that's a third-party software issue and you should call the vendor"...

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Another thing that really torques me off is when you get an error code and it says to go on the MS website to see what it means and....... tada..... nothing..... MS doesn't even know what their own error codes mean...............
Fail.

G

Soo, people are complaining that microsoft are making it easier to get help?

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Windows tech support at Answer Desk should be paid alot more then other help desk services. Knowing how to fix a problem on a PC that represents 90% of the market with a wide degree of applications and setups would take someone alot better then telling the customer to buy a new mac.

G

Well, Issues that deal with Windows OS and Microsoft Office software, PC tune-ups, virus removal and software training can be addressed by their tech support representatives..Windows 8 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.