Microsoft Launches Play Service: Xbox Games on Your Windows Phone or PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Microsoft have always come up short on their promises. Anyone remember when Vista was around the corner how they said that we'll be able to play games from the disc while they were being installed in the background to our HDD? Or how we'll be able to play games like Crysis without needing a heavy graphics card due to some super duper awesome CPU emulation. Search around on Tom's and you'll find most of these old articles.

[citation][nom]IndignantSkeptic[/nom]I don't understand this. If Microsoft wants this to happen then why are Gears of War and Halo mostly console exclusive?[/citation]

To make you buy their product over the competitive product.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
[citation][nom]leakingpaint[/nom]That will be awesome I reckon, be nice to be able to eventually play anything on any platform. Never understood why devs & publishers divided the gaming community in the first place. Can you imagine the online gaming boom if at some stage ps3, xbox and pc players could all jam together - very cool (not sure that will ever happen but it's nice to dream)[/citation]

I know of at least one game that was able to do this; shadowrun. there were even a few achievements based on playing with people on the PC.
Its not impossibre, but it is improbbebre.

Status
Not open for further replies.