Microsoft Makes Fake Waterslide Viral Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The video looks surprisingly real, I was expecting some cheesy CGI effect.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Yeah if it is real that would make me crap my pants flying that far.. Think if they miscalculated and he ran right into the pool.. Instead of in it..

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
What tipped me off was how fast he sped up while going down the slide, thats waaaay to fast for a relatively low incline. Also, two buckets of water aren't going to cover that much slide.

An awesome idea, but definately fake.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
it's quite obviously fake...but in the face of it...do you care?!

i mean who DIDN'T go: "HOLY $$$T" when they first watched it!?

awesome video, and a cool way for MS to bring in Office Project 2007.
[citation][nom]griffed88[/nom]What tipped me off was how fast he sped up while going down the slide, thats waaaay to fast for a relatively low incline. Also, two buckets of water aren't going to cover that much slide.An awesome idea, but definately fake.[/citation]

i think the incline, with good lubrication, should cover it. it is steeper than it looks. the water would probably just be to "rewet" the probably already wet surface...?

just epic. :)

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I don't think it's necessarily fake. They had a stunt dummy to test with and weather measuring equipment hooked into that laptop. I've seen more impressive things done in actual life so I'm not sure why this "has to be" fake.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
someone needs to study physics a bit more. i might have bought it if they used a steeper hill and/or didnt make him fly QUITE as far as he did.

scooterlibby

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2008
You know what tipped me off? The fact that the title of the article clearly indicates that the whole thing is fake. Sometimes I'm scared by my own brilliance.

G

Nutzz!!!

Just stick out your hand, or accidentally have some bird or lizard on the trail, and you may end up in a hole different than a pool!

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Now... this is a COOL video to show against "I'm A Mac"...

And for fun... show both PC & Mac guys do the slide... but Mac Guy's pool has no water, or has sharks in it... or just misses it all together.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Well even if it was true , it would have still hurt like HELL to land in that tiny pool , he would have eneeded like 6 feet of water at that velocity , and someone to grab him in case he passed out , he should have broken something.

Status
Not open for further replies.