Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard

Hi,

When using the keyboard, as all of the F keys are remapped
via the control panel to do specific tasks, there seems to
be no way to remap them to their actual keys such as F11
and F12. This means that in any games that use the F
keys, the buttons don't work as the keyboard has remapped
the keys to something else.

How can we change the F keys back to being normal Function
keys???

Here is a link to a sweet little utility that will make your keyboard act F
keys act "normal"

http://www.mvps.org/jtsang/flock.html

Bobby

Dran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When using the keyboard, as all of the F keys are remapped
> via the control panel to do specific tasks, there seems to
> be no way to remap them to their actual keys such as F11
> and F12. This means that in any games that use the F
> keys, the buttons don't work as the keyboard has remapped
> the keys to something else.
>
> How can we change the F keys back to being normal Function
> keys???

Well turn the F Lock on then! I can't believe you can't see it - it's right
next to the F12 key!

That just goes to show how much you know. That model did not come with
an F-Lock button. So now, instead of flaming people, ask questions like:
Is there an F-Lock button next to the F12 button.

What have you used to remap the F-Key functions in the first place? You
should be able to use the same program to return them to default ;)

Nathan McNulty

Nathan McNulty wrote:
> That just goes to show how much you know. That model did not come with
> an F-Lock button. So now, instead of flaming people, ask questions
> like: Is there an F-Lock button next to the F12 button.

Why - when I know that there damned well is?!

Yes it does show how much I know, because - guess what?! - I'm using one
right now! And, oh look, what's this I see next to F12?! No, it couldn't be
an F Lock key, now could it, because Nathan assures me it doesn't exist! I'd
better get myself both an optician and a shrink appointments, because
there's either something seriously wrong with my sight - or I'm deluded! Or,
most likely, both.

Now, I suggest you visit
http://paintedover.com/uploads/4/this_is_the_natural_multimedia_keyboard....jpg
and then you will come grovelling back and apologise...

(This reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer has to go grovelling
to Mr Burns for his job back...)

It probably won't work in games though.... if it uses DirectInput to provide
for keyboard entries (it's listed as a caveat on my page there).

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"NoNoBadDog!" <mysocks_bjsledge_AT_pixi.com> wrote in message
> Here is a link to a sweet little utility that will make your keyboard act
> keys act "normal"
>
> http://www.mvps.org/jtsang/flock.html
>

> Bobby
>
> "Dran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > When using the keyboard, as all of the F keys are remapped
> > via the control panel to do specific tasks, there seems to
> > be no way to remap them to their actual keys such as F11
> > and F12. This means that in any games that use the F
> > keys, the buttons don't work as the keyboard has remapped
> > the keys to something else.
> >
> > How can we change the F keys back to being normal Function
> > keys???

Sorry Jason...you are right of course! I love your f-lock program
though....it's a gem!

Bobby

"Jason Tsang" <jason-onlineDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
> It probably won't work in games though.... if it uses DirectInput to
> provide
> for keyboard entries (it's listed as a caveat on my page there).
>
> --
> Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
>
> Find out about the MS MVP Program -
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
> "NoNoBadDog!" <mysocks_bjsledge_AT_pixi.com> wrote in message
>> Here is a link to a sweet little utility that will make your keyboard act
>> keys act "normal"
>>
>> http://www.mvps.org/jtsang/flock.html
>>

>> Bobby
>>
>> "Dran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > When using the keyboard, as all of the F keys are remapped
>> > via the control panel to do specific tasks, there seems to
>> > be no way to remap them to their actual keys such as F11
>> > and F12. This means that in any games that use the F
>> > keys, the buttons don't work as the keyboard has remapped
>> > the keys to something else.
>> >
>> > How can we change the F keys back to being normal Function
>> > keys???

Haha, oh well, mine is the Natural Keyboard Pro which is discontinued
and doesn't have an F-Lock. So sue me if I can't read the subject right
:D You could still be nicer though :p

It's ok, Jesus still loves you :)

*I hear the lawyers coming already*