Microsoft Previews Internet Explorer 9 at PDC09

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpintar

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]mpintar[/nom]True, HTML5 is not official yet. However everyone except M$ seemed to think it was a good idea to start implementing it. It's certainly something that a lot of developers want to see in browsers. The point is M$ needs to reform the way the develop and release IE.I agree they should support it. Ultimately it would be nice to see them adopt a webkit rendering engine. Although there might be a good reason that they aren't (Security, legacy support I dunno). That would allow them to focus on adding more innovative features while keeping up to par with other WebKit browsers(Chrome, Safari).In terms of where they are with IE8 and no HTML5 support they probably had higher priorities then HTML5. As a web developer it would be nice to see more HTML5 support but right now I don't see it being a major thing. The main thing that people like about HTML5 is the video tag. I think it would be cool if the video tag implementation for all browsers would support Flash/Silverlight in some way. Then developers can still use existing skills to develop for it. So say using ActionScript C#/VB.NET to implement certain things with the video tag along side what is already used.[/citation]

The first paragraph is supposed to be a quite from iestillhasawaytogo

powerbaselx

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
I never understood Microsoft hate for the other browsers, and giving so much importance to them. Microsoft don't even charge any money with IE so it should have a more positive approach with Chrome, FF or Safari users and invite them to use their browsers along with payed Microsoft products like Windows 7 and Office. It should respect people's choice.
I'm pretty sure that if Microsoft had respected and promoted a more positive approach it had saved a lot of money in courts and paying fines worldwide and even keeping integrated the browser and windows manager in Windows 7 in certain parts of the world.

I'm not going to tell what browser i use most and what i do prefer because i'd get instant 20 votations, positive or negative, depending if i'm favor or against Microsoft products, which is a thing i never assisted previously! It's like that we had a huge new wave of Microsoft fans that didn't exist before. Anyone else already noticed this behaviour here at THG?

Status
Not open for further replies.