Microsoft Releases Another Windows 10 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

The3monitors

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
There is something foul in the air about win 10. As someone who has a landlocked system and wont register his system till the final purchased copy comes out.
I noticed that in notepad ++ on certain occasions whenever I hit ctrl-s it brings up the registration screen.
Now thats odd why would m $ want to find out the documentation that I am saving or why wouldn't they put it on a random pop up?
Scandal. Me thinks so.

mitchellvii7

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
I am also getting 99% done installing only to have it crash and roll back. No idea the issue. I use a Surface Pro 3 and others using this device are having no issues.

One user mentioned their pen was no longer working after the update although the pen button for OneNote now worked. No idea.

mitchellvii7

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
I am also getting 99% done installing only to have it crash and roll back. No idea the issue. I use a Surface Pro 3 and others using this device are having no issues.

One user mentioned their pen was no longer working after the update although the pen button for OneNote now worked. No idea.

mitchellvii7

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014

rokit

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
".it keeps rolling back when it is almost installed giving an error stating that it couldn't be installed"

Classic Microsoft. I wonder if it will have some fails on update with release like every other MS OS had.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
"Classic Microsoft. I wonder if it will have some fails on update with release like every other MS OS had.
".it keeps rolling back when it is almost installed giving an error stating that it couldn't be installed"

Classic Microsoft. I wonder if it will have some fails on update with release like every other MS OS had.

Oh, gosh,.imagine a beta product having issues!

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Too bad some hardware manufacturers refuse to bring out even beta drivers for this OS.. is not like it`s that different from 8 at drivers ... guess the effort would be minimal, i don`t use it on my PC because i can`t properly use my Phoebus sound card on Win 10, the Dolby app doesn`t work.

don't you understand ?? all your stuff is going on a cloud server and not staying on your hard drive as it use to be.. is this not what you all want ??? this is all for your security and having your stuff on a server in a 3ed world country is way better then in your house on your drive I remember windows 8 came out and the selling point of it was ''get your files out there'' LOL

http://www.myce.com/news/rumor-windows-10-to-become-a-cloud-based-os-68623/

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I don`t usually embrace companies that do this, but atm i`m no threat to any government and i have nothing to hide from anyone ... so my files being synced in cloud is just fine. Guess if you`re in shady stuff you`ll be using something not so commercial :)

magnushegge

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
To all you having problems installing:

From "Known problems in build 7879" in the new Insider hub:

Some systems may see disk growth of 20GB+ due to driver install duplication. On systems with low disk space this can block setup and cause a rollback to the previous build.

If you are running in a VM, try increasing virtual disk capacity.

My installation is on a 320GB HDD - 100% dedicated to Windows....I have run the checks on the hard drive - no problems - I ran CCleaner to remove the install and force it to download again - still fails. Not sure why it keeps failing. It failed again overnight with an automatic install....

MidnightDistort

Distinguished
May 11, 2012

Umm.. it's optional.

JohnUSA

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
I will wait and not touch Windows 10 as I do not want to waste my valuable time until Microsoft fixes many issues, bugs and irritating features that are in the new 10.
Hopefully sometime in the second half of 2015 when the final Windows 10 version is released it will be a good, reliable and properly designed OS that will please and satisfy desktop and laptop users.
I just hope that 10 will not be a horrible bomb and failure like 8.
I still wish that coward Microsoft would have named this new OS Windows 9.
But I understand the reason they did it is to distance themselves from the abysmal, horrible and irritating garbage of an OS called Windows 8.
They were terrified that 9 is just too close a number to 8.

USAFRet

Titan

Win10 is out there specifically to gather user comments on what is good and bad about it. If you choose not to participate, your voice will not be heard. You'll get what other people think.

And the (theoretical) official reason for Windows 10 vs Windows 9 is that some older programs had customization parameters that looked for "Windows 9*", specifically looking for "Windows 95" or "Windows 98"

Status
Not open for further replies.