Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
What already?

That's not cool MS.. not cool..
Okay maybe a little curious.

If it's any faster than IE9 I'll soil myself, IE9 performs on average close to that of Chrome and FF while out performing both at page load times.

nisallik

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
[citation][nom]DarthPiggie[/nom]Already?!!It still won't pull from chrome though...[/citation]

What do you mean "Already?!!!"

Isn't FireFox releasing FireFox 5 next month? ;p

meat81

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]What already?That's not cool MS.. not cool..Okay maybe a little curious.If it's any faster than IE9 I'll soil myself, IE9 performs on average close to that of Chrome and FF while out performing both at page load times.[/citation]

not cool? why not, these are free products

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Seems like everyone is following Apple down the "release a new version of the same product every year and add 1 or 2 new features to try and sell it to the zombie masses who won't even use half of the original features in the previous version to begin with" philosophy.

Works for Apple, though. So I guess that's the way to go...?

/sigh

G

So it should be!

Microsoft needs to pick the pace up and is showing us it is!

footsoldier

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]Seems like everyone is following Apple down the "release a new version of the same product every year and add 1 or 2 new features to try and sell it to the zombie masses who won't even use half of the original features in the previous version to begin with" philosophy.Works for Apple, though. So I guess that's the way to go...?/sigh[/citation]

It's free, why not? i think frequent update is good, rather than updating it once a year

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
So are we acutally going to see anual cycle releases of IE now instead of MS just coming out with a new IE whenever they feel like it, which is why they were soo far behind FF, Chrome, Opera. If that's the case then I guess MS is actally starting to truly give a damn about their browser now. Saying MS give a damn, Browser in the same sentence just feels odd. lol

malphas

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Fuck me, I didn't expect that from MS. Obviously a positive thing that they're getting into a faster release cycle, although I do think Google are taking the piss with their version numbers for Chrome.

malphas

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]aw man, who hooched up the firefox babe with an "e" on her breastesess? That's just wrong.[/citation]
Was never a "Firefox babe" though, someone just took a glamour model shot and stuck the Firefox logo on it, same as someone's done with the IE one here. Am I the only way that's finding it tedious to see that picture tacked onto every article that involves a web browser though? Not all of us are single nerds that drool at the sight of a reasonably attractive woman.

gsacks

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
OK, here the deal with the browser girl. Love the picture, but really, she's not all that. She's a skinny, 'top heavy' girl with a lot of makeup on an bleached hair. She's in a very seductive pose with her tatas pushed forward. But if you zoom in on the photo here face looks like it has cake icing on it. It looks great as a thumbnail though. Still, nobody reading this site would throw her out of bed - at least not on purpose.

retrig

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]reasonably attractive woman??? get out much?[/citation]
I do. And yeah, "reasonably" is being generous, perhaps. She's not that hot at all. Far more attractive women everywhere you look.

edit: typo

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
This is a whole new Microsoft geared towards cloud services now. IE is part of that platform goal, so it makes sense that they accelerate its development. I can imagine that MIX will include an announcement for a beta for the next set of Expression tools from them, and I'm looking forward to it because Expression Web is one of the best web editors IMO. Also, WebMatrix is just plain awesome, but I don't expect much of it to be updated during MIX because, well, it's free, and the web app dev tools (Visual Web Developer Express, which WebMatrix's editor is based on) don't get updated at the same time as the HTML tools. The pure HTML stuff is updated to the bleeding edge because HTML5 is evolving as you read this. VWD lags behind somewhat because server-side markup (ASP.Net) is updated on a slower schedule to coincide with IIS releases, which rarely happen outside of OS releases. The SharePoint Designer stuff is even further behind, but corporations don't mind one bit.

BTW: Does anybody notice how small some of the new applications are that are coming out of MS? I'm noticing this of IE9, WebMatrix (which includes a version of IIS), MSE, etc.

Also, when is this form going to get fixed for IE9??

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Re: IE girl

The icon needs to be updated.

Also, she's arching her back (left arm behind her to support her shoulders) to make her tits stick out more. If she was sitting straight, she wouldn't look as big. She chould be all-natural.

casperstouch

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
The link that was provided in the article works in Google Chrome, and firefox,but is not in IE(8). lol.. Bad microsoft...
used with IE 8 is says that you need to upgrade your browser but IE 9 an d 10 are not supported in XP. They both say that they require Windows 7 to be installed. lol again. I can not upgrade this so IE is again out of luck..

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]Seems like everyone is following Apple down the "release a new version of the same product every year and add 1 or 2 new features to try and sell it to the zombie masses who won't even use half of the original features in the previous version to begin with" philosophy.Works for Apple, though. So I guess that's the way to go...?/sigh[/citation]
+1

I guess you folks remember Win98 was nothing but Win95 with 2 service packs and IE4.
Win7 history begins with NT 4.0, released 15 years ago. Back then no-one would care about DirectX as OpenGL worked just fine and there were programs such as WindowBlinds to make NT look way better.

G

I agree with casperstouch. The M$ decision to not support XP with IE9 and 10, so they can attempt to force more of their customers into yet another expensive upgrade to Win7, means those of us who are planning on staying with XP, STILL won't be using IE AT ALL!...

Then again, there are plenty of capable browsers around these days, so really it's of little consequence. I prefer to use something open-source and non-proprietary anyway... (Which rules out the corporate, MS, Apple, and Google offerings...) Figure it out. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.