Microsoft Reveals Xbox One Line Up of Games at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exclusive titles are going to be the only thing microsoft can stand on to be any kind of success. But as it looks now, they are setting themselves up for epic failure. Metal gear solid is the only title there worth getting. Battlefield 4 is not exclusive and Gran Turismo will always be better than Forza.

redeemer

Distinguished
May 30, 2004

The pre-orders say otherwise, either way MS had a better showing at E3 than rival Sony. MS showed more actual games with gameplay where as Sony just showed off CG.

Halo
Quantum Break
Dead Rising 3
Ryse
Forza
Sunset Overdrive
Killer Instinct
Project Spark
Crimson Dragon
Panzer Dragoon
Titanfall

I guess you were sleeping during E3, MS was strong last gen and they will be strong next gen.

axehead15

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

As a previous XBOX fanboy, I have to say that Sony walked all over Xbone. Sony LOL'd so hard at MS for anything DRM and used games.

PS4 is the clear winner for next gen console. Not to mention Planetside 2 on PS4!

brettms71

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
@6axehead15 It's to early to tell about the DRM stuff. I really hope Sony is not setting themselves up to fail when the big publishing houses say we won't release a game on PS4 unless you can control second hand games and trading. I definately don't like what MS is saying, but not sure it's all MS that is pushing the DRM. It's been that way on PC's for ages anyway, even on Steam, i can't trade games etc. Well unless you swap steam accounts for a week like i do with mates ;)

redeemer

Distinguished
May 30, 2004

Fair enough however we will see which company is on top in 12months, either way I will be buying both consoles. As far as DRM is concerned digital downloads on the PS4 will have DRM tied to your PSN account. Physical disc are a different story, and you will have to pay to play online on Sony's network. For me as primarily a PC gamer I could careless about DRM, I do not own disc all my games are on Origin and Steam.

At this time PS4 is the gamer friendly console and it cheaper, however judging by E3 MS has a stronger line up of games and maybe that enough since gaming is the primary function!

falcompsx

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
I dont care what games are on the system, how good the graphics are, or how awesome the media center functionality is. 24 hour DRM is a deal breaker. PS4 is 100 bucks cheaper and has none of this DRM bullsh*t.

Also to comment on redeemer they did showcase the new bungie game which wasn't a CG showcase. And I believe it was using Physx as well you could tell with the cloth element in the start of the game play looks quite similar if it isn't.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
So for $500 you can look forward to about 15 games in year 1? OUCH. Now I know why they still sell x360 :)

When you say a TON of other games, it should be closer to 2000 than 10 :)

consoles are dead. Especially this one. PS4 has a fighting chance at cheaper cost, but they still haven't said much about DRM or used games. So far I've only seen evasive action and a patent that sounds as draconian or worse than MS. I'll be buying a new maxwell card instead ;)

Wow error, comment section even worse today than usual. Seriously at some point this will keep me from coming here (or even to toms).

Teeroy32

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
Thats not bad for a launch line up, better then most, I remember N64 only had like 3 games on release and they where only single player and that was on the first 4 player machine. Also as a pc player DRM is a constant annoyance, you hit every time you start a game now, so once a day seems quite good. Considering the xbox is the only way to play Halo and fable I already have a space reserved in my entertainment unit next to my classic Xbox and 360. Besides its not MS pushing its the devs, so I can see less games on PS4 if they don't implement DRM as well. Sony has been very vague about that so its probably coming and they don't want to admit it because their flying high at the mo and all their fan boys screaming XBone is dead

It's not only the DRM. It's the used games its the online DRM checking 24/7 and after a hour of not being able to play them saying well you can always watch a movie. They will be plenty of games on each platform. And all the major titles will be on both consoles. Sure there will be exclusives but in the end that isn't what matters here. It's about a platform that will be more free, open, and what console games should be.

M$ is trying real hard to capture what steam is doing for the PC. However, having that online feature as well as the inability to share console games with friends is not going to go over smoothly with consumers. Also furthermore, with a better value people will look at the ps4 as a entertainment console as well a more affordable one considering that blu ray players are 100 dollars or so the decent ones you are only paying 300 or so dollars for a console will have all the major releases. I feel ever since bill gates stopped being a everyday guy m$ has really fallen off the wagon. From Windows 8 which isn't what the consumers wanted in the desktop space to not listening to the consumers at all with the console space. Just because developers would prefer a cloud space situation doesn't mean anything if you can't sell the product. If there is a time for Sony to really grab XBOX by the horns its now. I don't play on either console so you can take the fan boy argument elsewhere however I do play on the best gaming platform the PC.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Keep lining up to get sheared sheep, any purchase of an Xbone is saying that the DRM, pay models, always online, and entertainment focus are perfectly acceptable for you. That it's perfectly fine to kill the rental industry unless they agree to MS' forced terms and remove one of the best ways to sample games before you buy. If it was the only system that had good games I'd just stop playing new games. You steer this industry with your wallets. Sure these things already happen on PC, but I can get PC game licenses for dirt cheap on Steam and other platforms. MS is going to try and sell you a "license to play" for full price, and people seem intent on buying it. There's a valid point I agree with, Sony will not get certain titles if they don't also stick with the DRM schemes pushed by publishers. So what? You can live without those games. If you don't buy the Xbone then it forces those publishers to reconsider pushing DRM. If you continue to buy into this system time and time again they have no reason to reconsider. YOU have the power to change things, but it won't happen until you decide to skip certain titles based on principle. People can moan about SimCity on forums all they want, it still sold millions and EA still considers it a success. These kinds of games have to stop selling or it will only get worse.

game junky

Distinguished
Part of me wants to wait until I can see demos locally, but it's tempting to make the switch - currently, my Xbox is my primary game console and my PS3 acts as a really expensive bluray player. If I could take 1 of them out of the equation and have access to the games I want, I will take it. Feels like Sony & Microsoft traded places on this one though - the PS3 was the overpriced box when it came out and now the Xbox One is the chunky monkey. Here's hoping I can offload my PS3 & 360 for a decent price - that will help soften the blow to my wallet.

Thats the beautiful part sony is making it mandatory for games to have demos for their console. And I think Sony has learned its lesson when it comes to pricing they will win the price was on this console release.

I 100% agree with you there. Over time EA has established this hatred of sorts so people won't purchase a good chunk of their games on the premise that they have to use ORGIN for example. The only way you will ever send a message to these rich companies is for there quarter earnings to reflect the markets interest in there product. And I think people don't understand this isn't APPLE versus M$. If you don't like the gaming experience with M$ you can go to PC, or Playstation, or Wii U even.

redeemer

Distinguished
May 30, 2004

I am pretty sure that it was not PhysX since that is only Nvidia proprietary tech, and the SOC inside the PS4 is all AMD. Of course those effects are possible without Nvidia PhysX technology. The Bungie game Destiny is cross-platform anyway and that's good for gamers.

redeemer

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
I am also confused Sony says that there will not be any DRM, but of course there will be DRM on Digital downloads. So then Disc will not be subjected to these restrictions, but then the CEO says that DRM is up to the publisher but of course it is their game?

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/sonys-playstation-4-to-get-nvidias-physx-and-apex-support-340963

You can't share your steam games so I think you kind of already answered your question. There won't be single player DRM on the playstation 4 if you watched there e3 announcement you'd see that there will be no need to be logged in feature DRM.

game junky

Distinguished
They're strong-arming people into having a PS Plus subscription now, though. The comments from Engadget on the performance of Forza & some of the other titles like the new KI are intriguing. Let's see what it looks like in stores - wasn't a fan of PS Move vs Kinect so they're stilling winning that battle in my book. Oh well, time will tell - I thought Microsoft really screwed themselves over with the used games license and didn't really help themselves by pushing the issue off on developers by saying they control the cost. On a good note, that means if they discover that they're losing a large chunk of gamers who boycott those developers that try to take advantage of that system, then it might force them to back off that policy. Greedy d-bags - just make more DLC that users can purchase to keep money coming into your pocket from the used games market.

Status
Not open for further replies.