News Microsoft Rolling Out Windows 10 October 2020 Up With UI Changes, Throttled Availability

Giroro

Splendid
I don't like the new start menu look. All the bright colors meant contrast. Contrast means all the icons are easier to identify without reading or trying to figure out which of the near-identical (other than color) MS Office icons is Word. On top of removing the tile color, Microsoft made the icons for most of their products to be the exact same shade of "internet explorer" blue.
Hopefully Windows will come with a toggle for colorblind mode... or I guess technically whatever you call the exact opposite of a colorblind mode. I mean, I know it won't have a user-friendly option because these are the poeple who though Windows 8 had a functional interface..They even thought people who use Excel for work want to be forced to wait on watching every single cell individually animate like a slot machine whenever you fill it in... but they still should someday look into giving users back the ability to personalize functionality back into their products without hacky 3rd party tools.
Form over function is the definition of a bad GUI.

pelegbn

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2015
So... basically Microsoft's Windows dev teams have been "scratching their balls" [doing almost nothing] for half a year. Transparent-smart tiles? really?? This release is more about promoting their new "Game Pass" rather than actually improving Windows.

Reactions: Sippincider

Colif

Win 11 Master
Microsoft is beginning to roll out the Windows 10 October 2020 update, formerly known as 20H2

Formerly? Try actually. It seems Microsoft didn't get the message the name had changed
PHDrFtn.jpg

Many of the changes are below the hood, and bug fixes. I hadn't even noticed the changes to start menu as i hardly go there.

It was the fastest version update install I ever done.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Maybe it looks different to me because Microsoft messed up a Office update and put tiny icons on my new apps list

COGfdSa.jpg

but thats another story involving 2 versions of every app as well, I wonder if anyone else got it.

repatch42

Commendable
Jul 2, 2018
ALT-TAB? I mean, what? ALT-TAB is for changing between APPLICATIONS, it's been that way for a VERY long time.

CTRL-TAB is what other browsers use to switch between tabs.

I guess MS just wants to give ANOTHER reason for not using Edge?