WhyAreYou

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Thanks microsoft, I guess
li3a.png

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Big deal. I haven't been able to run Windows Update since last August on any of my Win7 machines. And before you say upgrade to Win10, I've tried and none of the downloads or installs worked.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Beat me to it! LMAO. Like they did something different when they released this patch vs any other patch. Also: They skipped a month... all my clocks jumped forward an hour! Coincidence?? The end is upon us!

Take one of them to a shop. I'm sure someone can figure out what is broken/corrupt on your machines that is causing these issues. If you wanted to try something first, MS actually has an update troubleshooter too you might want to check out. Just do a Bing search for "windows update troubleshooter" and it should pop up with a suggestion box link to a download.

You can't forget that MS played with the update system on older OSes like Win7, 8, and 8.1... making it harder to find and get the needed patches when and where available... by hook or by crook, they'll force everyone to get Win10... or force them to move to Mac or Linux.... if they don't willingly upgrade.

This update package thing too... is another slap in the face of users and IT. Take all the bundle or else none of it, because "we" (Microsoft) know better than anyone else what you need and/or want in an operating system. Great way to force new unwanted integrated "features" on us all... for they'll hold us all hostage to unfixed vulnerabilities if we don't.)

spotify95

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
I haven't been able to update my Windows 7 machines via Windows Update either, for a long time. I've just switched off WU since then. Hasn't affected the usability of my machines.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Take one of them to a shop. I'm sure someone can figure out what is broken/corrupt on your machines that is causing these issues. If you wanted to try something first, MS actually has an update troubleshooter too you might want to check out. Just do a Bing search for "windows update troubleshooter" and it should pop up with a suggestion box link to a download.[/quotemsg]

On all three machines? One of which is still set up OEM style? PUH-LEEZ. There's something wrong with the update process. Maybe they can detect I was part of the Insider program and know I slammed every build I tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.