Microsoft Surface Smartphone Heading to China First?

Status
Not open for further replies.

friskiest

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]They can have it...not remotely interested.[/citation]

Okay,. Uhmm,. why the effort to post here in the first place?

BTW,. I'm wondering if MS would follow Google's practice of putting the latest Android version on their own phone first (the Nexus) before letting other makers get it, you know, something to make it a little more special than the rest.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Max Collodi[/nom]Since China is the worlds largest smartphone market, it makes a lot of sense.[/citation]
Thank god, before some ignorant Tom's reader would say that they're "testing the waters" in "emerging markets"...

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]friskiest[/nom]Okay,. Uhmm,. why the effort to post here in the first place?[/citation]
So that it's plainly obvious that I believe that with the present crop of Android and iOS offerings that I believe MS is wasting their time in this "me-too" endeavor. Is that more clear for you?

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]So that it's plainly obvious that I believe that with the present crop of Android and iOS offerings that I believe MS is wasting their time in this "me-too" endeavor. Is that more clear for you?[/citation]
Your second post makes sense and no, it's not obvious. just saying:
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]They can have it...not remotely interested.[/citation]
doesn't mean anything more than what you stated: ...not remotely interested. However it doesn't state why. It could be because you might not like smartphones at all, or just because you hate MS, or because you don't like things launched elsewhere first, it could mean many things, I won't know which one is true because not everyone in Tom's Hardware knows you. However from all your other posts that you have done before, I have a feeling that you like apple, or how others would say, isheep (though I don't necessarily agree with that term).

halcyon

Splendid
^ Okay, fair enough. This is a wasted endeavor by Microsoft, to me, because while I like Windows fine on a PC I also have learned to accept its shortcomings. In particular, the new "modern" tile UI is not an advantage to me. To me (notice how I'm careful not to glue my opinion to others?) the tile UI is clunkly. ...and NOT something I'd want to encounter in a dark alley...or on a phone. I'm not sure what real advantages an MS branded phone offers that a iOS or Android device does not. I have heard it offers to bring its desktop related problems to the phone, however, like crashing for no good reason.

BTW, while I no longer own an iPhone or any Apple Macs I don't mind being labeled an iSheep. It makes some feel better to label others but I concern myself with it not.

Status
Not open for further replies.