Microsoft Targets Galaxy S3 with New Commercial

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]How do we know that the microsoft spokesperson didn't just deliberately take a bad photo with the galaxy? I noticed the photo is taken in a low light environment. There are some light level adjustments that you can make. Also, it is clear that the windows phone picture was taken slightly closer to the couple. Perhaps just in range of the flash, whereas the galaxy photo was taken just outside the best flash range. Basically, a single photo taken by a person with a vested interest in the outcome should not be considered proof of anything.[/citation]
It is called COMMERCIAL or ADVERTISING, not SCIENTIFICAL COMPARISON.. come on, don't be naive, you are wasting precious brain activity trying to answer the wrong questions :-D
Oh.. and... do not, ever, believe what ads say :)

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
With this commercial MS just showed they know how to turn the SGS3 camera settings to the worst possible settings for night time photos. I have a Samsung and it takes WAY better photos than that in all lighting conditions (except for extremely low light).

soundping

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I have no problems with my S3. It's been one of the best phones I've used so far.

Looking forward to Android 5.0. The S3 should be getting it. :)

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]bourgeoisdude[/nom]Microsoft doesn't provide support for the phones. As for Windows phone OS, they have repeatedly made it clear that all Windows 8 phones are upgradeable to the next version.[/citation] er... yeah right... because MS has such a proven track record.

Win7.x phones have lived or a year... that's it. before that, it was the MS KIN One / Two... which was incompatible with anything (It had early version of Metro). Windows8 anything is failing... so MS will go back to the drawing board can make W9 different...

catchercradle

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Still using my HTC Hero, jail broken to allow upgrade of OS. Hasn't crashed on me yet. Given it free. When it breaks I will upgrade to another android phone, probably one I can put UBUNTU on. I have been M$ free for 12 years and see no reason to change now.

halfey

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Does this mean MS has acknowledged the fact that the best WP phone is only better than Android phone from last year?

John Bauschard

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
OMG tom's hardware will say anything for a buck. Saying Microsoft is even in the same league as galaxy S3 is such a joke but Microsoft still is paying for ad so tom's hardware will put up this article.

Status
Not open for further replies.