Microsoft Teases 'Project Scorpio' Xbox Console For VR, But What Does That Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh4dow83

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
@Tomc100
It's funny - I was recently assembling a mini PC (only on paper so far)... with integrated graphics, I'm up to 300$. Putting an RX480 into that, I'd be at $500. Right now, not next year. I'm thinking next year, the value drops to maybe $350.
Do you think MS will be able to match that price point?

compote

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Project Scorpio is Xbox one S or a separate thing?
Do people know what they're writing about all over the net? Why is nobody making it clear? Cos they probably don't know themselves? I've watched the conference and I still don't get it.

Let's not forget Microsoft gets to purchase hardware in bulk and for much cheaper. This is why an Xbox One or PS4 at their $300-$350 price point beats any PC in that price range, especially considering the cost of Windows. Many people say a cheap PC will beat the consoles for the cost, but no, it won't.

For instance, Xbox One costs $300. You get a $60 Xbox One controller with it for one thing. People who try to build computers to match or beat consoles for the same price never accomplish their goals and end up using things like really crappy power supplies.

InvalidError

Titan
So AMD finally decides to scrap the Redundant Numeral Rn-XXX prefix and decided to go with RX-nnn for their 14nm stuff. +1 for sanity check.

Looking forward to seeing where the 460 and 470 will land performance and price wise. I'd like to upgrade my HD5770 this year but cannot be bothered to spend much over $150 to do so.

I think you intended to post this on a different thread ;)

So AMD's "Zen" CPU will be in there, that's great for them. For the GPU, it does sound in line of the 480, meaning that the next console should have some impressive power and developers might actually push Intel into having more then 4core+HT in the consumer market.

InvalidError

Titan

Seems like there was a news page layout issue when I opened the news page: no comment section directly below the RX-nnn report, which made it look like two things reported together.

Status
Not open for further replies.