Question Microsoft UEFI-Compliant System missing in Device Manager and UEFI Firmware Settings also missing ?

Oct 18, 2020
Hi,
I want to go to the UEFI Settings on my PC. I double checked with msinfo32 and saw it's literally UEFI. But when I went to windows recovery settings there are no UEFI Firmware Settings there. I also checked in Device Manager and saw that System Firmware and Microsoft UEFI-Compliant System is missing. Since my computer starts too fast, I can't access UEFI by pressing keyboard keys. Anyone can explain?

Ralston18

Titan
What key do you use to get into BIOS? F2, F10....?

Try rapidly pressing that key as fast as you can while you power on the computer - keep taping.

Hopefully you will get ahead of the process and succeed accordingly.

Then change the POST configuration to be as verbose as possible and allow/add time to be able to read the POST process report.

Oct 18, 2020
What key do you use to get into BIOS? F2, F10....?

Try rapidly pressing that key as fast as you can while you power on the computer - keep taping.

Hopefully you will get ahead of the process and succeed accordingly.

Then change the POST configuration to be as verbose as possible and allow/add time to be able to read the POST process report.
I used to press Esc when I was using legacy BIOS but now when I switched to UEFI I can't use that key anymore. Even when rapidly pressing that key as fast as I can when I power on the PC - it doesn't work.

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
Try one more thing, disable fast startup from power settings, open an administrator cmd and type:
shutdown /r /fw
Enter and wait the restart out. This hopefully should do it. If not, there is some weird thing going on with Windows.

Oct 18, 2020
Try one more thing, disable fast startup from power settings, open an administrator cmd and type:
shutdown /r /fw
Enter and wait the restart out. This hopefully should do it. If not, there is some weird thing going on with Windows.
That didnt work. Also UEFI Firmware Settings doesn't show and System Firmware and Microsoft UEFI-Compliant System is missing from Device Manager.