Microsoft Unveils The Windows Insider MVP Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeFS

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014
"This increase in communication between Microsoft’s product teams and users who are able to give direct insightful feedback could lead to higher quality software"

Right...

Because Microsoft has a proven track record of LISTENING to its user base. As long as the people who make decisions in Microsoft continue to ignore every one else (until after the fact, when they have to start back tracking), this means nothing.

ET3D

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2012
I wonder how the MVP programme is today, what MVP's are getting as part of the reward. I was an MVP around a decade ago, and over the years as the number of MVP's great Microsoft gave fewer and fewer benefits.

I know you're trying to be sarcastic, but it's a true statement. Microsoft has more of a track record listening to users than any other company I can think of. Sure it's making tons of decisions users don't like, but it's going back on most of them, sometimes completely, sometimes part way.

DrakeFS

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014

Actually, it is a good OS. I do worry about the future of it. MS has to monetize it somehow. Just because you don't like how it reports back to MS does not make it a bad OS.

From Windows 8 forward, they have basically listened to no one. Everything they done recently shouts: shut up, we know what's best.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I did 2 separate searches to get to a coherent blabla about what the MVP is. Journalists on M$ payroll should do a better job explaining the facts instead of wandering off. That's why whenever an answer is listed on M$ forums I avoid it and seek for a different place. The product that gathers the audience or any other cause-effect relation, but M$ explains very poorly with too many words as if it was run by lawyers.

Micheal Ethan

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
Last October, we announced a restructuring of the Microsoft MVP Program to focus on Developers and IT Professionals. As part of that restructuring, we mentioned that the consumer MVP award categories would be supported directly by the product teams. Today we are excited to announce the Windows Insider MVP Program – the new home for our MVP focused on Windows and Devices for consumers. Our Windows and Devices consumer MVP are super important to us and we have been working these past several months to figure out the right home for them. It was a thoughtful decision to bring these MVP into the Windows Insider Program, where the future of Windows is being shaped directly by the people who use Windows most. The Windows Insider MVP Program allows us to work more closely with MVP via more focused, direct interactions with various Windows and Devices product teams.

This is just the beginning of the journey, and I look forward to our ongoing collaboration with the MVP.

While we are working directly with existing MVP as they transition into the new program, for our most engaged Insiders, the opportunity to become a Windows Insider MVP will come early in 2017 and will be unveiled this fall. Stay tuned for future announcements.

Kimonajane

Commendable
May 24, 2016
MS, Google, FB and others are all in the pocket of the fascist FED and do their bidding. Either willingly like Google & FB who are ran by a big brother loving kooks or MS who was pressured into compliance decades ago when XP was king and MS was being sued for being a monopoly, did a secret backroom deal and has been a FED lackey ever since.

DDB-3D

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
Better tighten than tinfoil hat there KIMONAJANE, "they" might be listening to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.