Microsoft Updates Its 25-year-old Logo

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]aragis[/nom]You know nothing about graphic design. You can't judge a design by how hard it is to create. Sure anyone can draw 4 squares and type Microsoft. But it doesn't matter if it looks elegant and simple like this one.BTW, if this is just "four colored squares with the name of the company next to it". Then what was the old logo? Just Microsoft written... oh and the first "o" has a little cavity.I think the new logo is just fine, they went with minimalism, and it looks alright. It was never meant to look sophisticated and vibrant anyway.[/citation]

Oh yes it's so hard to design that windows logo. mean seriously you don't need to know graphics design to do the same logo in MS paint that a 4 year old can do.

jexel

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
[citation][nom]jexel[/nom]The point I am trying to make is that it is not hard to use, and on the RTM version there is a tutorial on the new features and UI experience that you get while you load it to show you the features. My biggest complaint on Windows 8 was how to turn the damn thing off but that was really most of it. I do enjoy the new admin features though, task manager, file copy etc. Those are the cool toys no one is talking about. Server 2012 also benefits from those features, while incorporating the new start menu. As an admin, I am of two minds on that one at this point, leave my server experience simple and easy to use. They did however allow you to now manage all server environments from one machine in a much simpler way, and that was pretty slick.[/citation]

jexel

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
[citation][nom]jexel[/nom]I find it interesting the comments here. Have you people even USED Windows 8 yet on a desktop? What did they do, make a change and give you something different (the Start menu) and make it different for you to turn off the computer? Awe do you have to learn something new? How dare they give you a different, interactive Start menu that you can tailor to your hearts content, those bastards! Oh wow is that a task bar that operates just as it always has? Yep looks like it. Oh man the windows+d command works? WTF how dare they make it a hot key! Really people? Microsoft is speeding up their development cycles to compete with the likes of Apple and Google AND they are reducing overall costs of upgrades. Next they will slipstream updates and make them less impacting to install, not requiring system wipes to upgrade to the next OS. They will do this with Windows, they will do this with Office (Office 16 will most likely be very soon after the Office 15 release, going away from the 3-5 year product cycle), and they will do this with the rest of their products. This is what Apple and Google does, why is it bad for Microsoft? If change is bad, go ahead and go into open source land. This way you can build your environment the way YOU want instead of the way someone thinks you'll use it. My two cents.[/citation]

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]aragis[/nom]Because the old logo was so full of emotion and it was so appealing that it gave men the most massive boners and impregnated women that just glanced at it. This old logo right here did all these: http://thgtr.com/wp-content/upload [...] logo_4.jpg[/citation]

Thank you! I forgot what it looked like and didn't want to look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS